Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

1.2.1.0 up on DJI download page

How do you update subsequent batteries (extra) - do you have to erase the text file each time? Will it make the inspire go through another update process is the file is not there?

I realise if you update the batteries during the initial update process you leave the SD card in and insert additional batteries. However I have 8 batteries and I updated only 2 as I am not using others. How do I update the others later?

The existence of log files do not affect multiple battery updates. Upon boot up, it checks the firmware version on the battery and updates it necessary. You do not need to mess with the log files after each battery upgrade.

I upgraded craft and remote without issue and saw and deleted logs for both, but leaving fw in and changing battery it seems there is no log (like previous update, log was created for each battery). For some reason batteries are not upgraded, I see only:

========== 2015.04.15 08:56:45 =====================
Packet: WM610_FW_V01.02.01.00.bin
Result: Abort.
The firmware on the SD card is identical to or older than the current firmware on the aircraft.

How can you confirm if battery is current or check battery firmware? Are others getting log for updating batteries?

The existence of log files do not affect multiple battery updates. Upon boot up, it checks the firmware version on the battery and updates it necessary. You do not need to mess with the log files after each battery upgrade.

How do you know if a battery is updated then or if its safe to fly (would it be updating as you flew)? Are you saying to just not think / consider batteries as when you use them this is handled automatically and is not a concern for flight.

Did everyone recalibrate IMU after install of this firmware? My levels look bang on for IMU and check indicates none is required aside from compass which forced calibration after FW update and still shows high 1700 (it did with previous calibration too).

How do you know if a battery is updated then or if its safe to fly (would it be updating as you flew)? Are you saying to just not think / consider batteries as when you use them this is handled automatically and is not a concern for flight.
As said - if the firmware file is on the card, any battery that needs updating would be updated when powering up the aircraft (confirmation appears in the app if connected, otherwise it does it on its own and reboots at the end). You'll have the DDDD beeps while it updates too.

If nothing happens then versions are already up to date.

Reactions: lrwskyfilms
No, I turned everything on to see what the OS would indicate (following the video tut posted above).
On previous updates the app would only start notifying you a couple of days after the firmware was posted. Maybe it doesn't check every day and you only get the notification the next time it checks, or DJI waits a bit for feedback from those who jump on the update to see how it goes before pushing it to everybody through the app.

I have followed the instructions to upgrade the aircraft and the remote controler without problem, but when I tried to upgrade the batteries, there were no indication the upgrade was in progress or if there was any upgrade at all, can anyone tell which is the latest version of the battery firmware? I checked mind is 3.03

I have followed the instructions to upgrade the aircraft and the remote controler without problem, but when I tried to upgrade the batteries, there were no indication the upgrade was in progress or if there was any upgrade at all, can anyone tell which is the latest version of the battery firmware? I checked mind is 3.03
If your battery needs updating you will be told so in the app. You will then get an option to proceed or not followed by a progress bar.
While the update is going on you will get that very annoying beeping the same as when the AC updates followed by a completed message on the app.
If you are not getting anything come up on your device screen you batteries do not need updating.

Last edited:
Great reading as always from the "challenge" that is a DJI FW update, will do mine and report back. ASAP.

If the firmware .bin file is on board the flash, it checks the battery firmware version upon boot up along with everything else. If the battery needs an update, it will start automatically (the three beep sequence). Assuming everything else is already updated, the battery only update takes a few minutes to complete. If an update is not required, the AC simply boots up normally. I updated all 4 of my batteries, by simply power cycling the aircraft with a different battery each time. It will only go through the process once for each battery.

The .bin file must still be on the micro-SD card for the process to complete. It will not work if you have formatted the SD while in the aircraft.

If the firmware .bin file is on board the flash, it checks the battery firmware version upon boot up along with everything else. If the battery needs an update, it will start automatically (the three beep sequence). Assuming everything else is already updated, the battery only update takes a few minutes to complete. If an update is not required, the AC simply boots up normally. I updated all 4 of my batteries, by simply power cycling the aircraft with a different battery each time. It will only go through the process once for each battery.

The .bin file must still be on the micro-SD card for the process to complete. It will not work if you have formatted the SD while in the aircraft.
This is my exact experience with the previous FW. On this one, the batteries did not update (as if they were current) so it was odd to see others saying their batteries did update. I know the firmware is valid and on the cart as the txt is udpated say abort and craft firmware is current. Is their any way to check the actual firmware version of a given battery in the app or ? I am sure it's fine, but it is very strange to not have this updating when it is for others.

Gents, managed to update my controllers no problem, however my aircraft is saying "MC connection to centre board failed" and "Gimball cannot receive MC data" any clues?

Same experience here - easy peezy

Me too-- the update was flawless and the Inspire flew even better than expected. No compass or GPS errors. Everything was rock solid!

Did anyone else notice that pre-takeoff idle is a little slower? Not a bad thing, just seeing if I'm crazy.

Tested in an open field during my lunch break at work: https://instagram.com/p/1gT-GPx1nr/

Gents, managed to update my controllers no problem, however my aircraft is saying "MC connection to centre board failed" and "Gimball cannot receive MC data" any clues?
If it hasn't finished, it will straighten itself out and re-align itself.

Did you update the AC first with the RC off?

It's looking promising. The first parts done. The update went well on the inspire and camera and first battery. Just irking my way through each battery now. The bird update took about 15 mins. The batteries are each taking about 3 mins.

Will keep you posted if there's any other issues.

STRANGE done all my batteries, I have 4 TB47s went to do the TB48 and seems it already has the latest firmware. Oh well

Just a further update. I done the controller with absolutely no problems, it took about 7 mins. Everything worked well and as explained it should.

NEXT STEP TOOK IT FOR AQUICK TAKE OFF. This is the first time since I received my i1 that it hasn't reported a compass error switching to atti. It was as solid as a rock and personally I couldn't be happier. Thought I was hallucinating so tried it again with a second battery as I always got it on battery changes - exact same no faults AGAIN. I am right now the happiest guy in New Zealand.

Hey there Douglas, thanks for the heads up and the post here. I'm going to try and update mine in a few minutes, hopefully all goes as well as yours. Cheers.

Reactions: douglas.brownlie

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GRQLarae44