Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

1.2.1.0 up on DJI download page

Flew 6 batteries...all good!
Video signal seems good- I only went out to about 1 km.
Happy so far now all I need is the full IOC functions, Ground Station! and a upgraded camera (never happy)!

Reactions: lrwskyfilms
For the first time my upgrade worked seamlessly, including six batteries and the controller. Took it for a flight after update and OMG, it did everything properly. Rock solid, no compass/Atti errors, nothing! Just want to say a big thanks to all the peeps here who signed up for the Beta testing, you all did a great job!

Have you seen no:9; Altitude limited to 120m in non-GPS mode? Why? Apart the 120m height restriction in certain countries. Why limited in non-GPS, so does that mean unlimited in GPS mode?

For one I have never had any major issues apart from small toilet bowl and once dropping GPS in the past.

New firmware installed today-A/C(with controller turned off),then controller then batts.

Flawless flight through out-wind 15kts. Rock steady and perfect image transmission.

Thank you to all the beta testers for all their hard work.

Lots of Beta testers eh?Wait until you are as sure as can be there are no bugs?Who would have thought it ? Lesson learnt?...............

Reputations take years to make and minutes to lose-just saying DJI

Reactions: douglas.brownlie
Have you seen no:9; Altitude limited to 120m in non-GPS mode? Why? Apart the 120m height restriction in certain countries. Why limited in non-GPS, so does that mean unlimited in GPS mode?

No, the 500 meter AGL limit still applies in GPS mode. Basically it means if you are indoors (no GPS), you have to stay below 120m or 400 feet. The way it was worded confused me too. I don't fly in too many places, indoors that have a 400 ft ceiling.

i updated my inspire without any problems with a TB48 inside then a second TB48 without a glitch then on the 3rd TB48 the gimbal went ape $#!+ and got the long contounious ahhhhhhhhhhhhh from the gimbal loose and looking at the table!!!!!!

After waiting 15 mins just to be sure it wasn’t going to come back to life i did the reboot and it didn’t try to install and the gimbal did its normal dance so i tried a 4th battery TB47 and their was no sound of a update or flashing from the battery.

I checked the status of the TB48 on the computer and it said failed and timed out and the TB47 had no file. I went ahead and updated both remotes and everything worked fine but after checking the app it says all batteries are up to date and i even put in a 5 battery i didn’t even update? Any thoughts?

i updated my inspire without any problems with a TB48 inside then a second TB48 without a glitch then on the 3rd TB48 the gimbal went ape $#!+ and got the long contounious ahhhhhhhhhhhhh from the gimbal loose and looking at the table!!!!!!

After waiting 15 mins just to be sure it wasn’t going to come back to life i did the reboot and it didn’t try to install and the gimbal did its normal dance so i tried a 4th battery TB47 and their was no sound of a update or flashing from the battery.

I checked the status of the TB48 on the computer and it said failed and timed out and the TB47 had no file. I went ahead and updated both remotes and everything worked fine but after checking the app it says all batteries are up to date and i even put in a 5 battery i didn’t even update? Any thoughts?

This is really hard to read and is a bit incoherent with all the run-on sentences. Can you clear up what the question is?

Everything went well except my Samsung tablet no longer works. I still have my Samsung Galaxy S5 and that works fine, so I'm not dead in the water, but it's nice to be able to use the Galaxy Tab 7.0 as I have for the last month without issue.

The app starts up and tells me "Welcome to your aircraft...", but when I click on the camera icon, it crashes. If I start the app without USB connected, it opens the camera, but crashes as soon as I connect it. I tried reinstalling the app, and it worked for one session with no video feed, just some weird spots and lines on the screen :( then went back to crashing every start again.

I'm talking to DJI support and sending them a video of it crashing as requested. I hope they can continue to support the Tab 7.0. It was nice.

I am so nervous to update to the new firmware but know that I have to.
I have read the instructions on how to update as well as used the chart that Dundee created.
I first erased/formated my card (via my computer) and downloaded the new firmware from DJI.
Questions:
I unzip the file and but the bin onto the sd card?
I then put the sd card into the gimbal and turned it on. Gimbal spun (like usual) and the yellow light began flashing. No beeps though.
TX and app are both off, just the aircraft is on.
I waited about 45 minutes and no beeps confirming update had finished. I was forced to turn the aircraft off as I needed to go to work.
I took a look at the sd card and some folders had been created but no txt file confirming failure or success with the update. just empty folders.
Questions:
Is it the bin or the zip that should be on the sd card before updating aircraft, TX and betteries?
I start with the aircraft upgrade first. Do I update with the TX and App open to minitor progress (like previous updates)?
Am I supposed to hear beeps that the upgrade has begun or if the yellow light is blink (looks like it is doing something), the update has initialized?
How much time should I be alloting for each upgrade?
I understand that it's aircraft, tx then each battery that needs to be upgraded.

I appreciate your help.

Peter

Is it my imagination or is this bird flying even faster after this update. I normally do my test flying in a local soccer ground and it was covering the ground so fast I think I need to find a bigger space !!

Mine now hits 30m/s. I'm not complaining.
Hi, you really seem to know what you are talking about so I am hoping you can help me.
If I erased my SD card completely, have I also deleted the "root folder/drive"? Can I just put the firmware update bin file onto the sd card and begin updating?
Cheers,
Peter

Hi, you really seem to know what you are talking about so I am hoping you can help me.
If I erased my SD card completely, have I also deleted the "root folder/drive"? Can I just put the firmware update bin file onto the sd card and begin updating?
Cheers,
Peter
No, you haven't deleted your root folder. That isn't possible as it's the highest folder in the heirachy.
Easiest way is to format your card in the Inspire, then copy across the .bin file into the space you see when you open up the card in explorer on your pc.
You will see a couple of folders, misc and dcim, ignoring these and place the .bin file outside of either of these and that wil be the root folder.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EarthmovingAdelaide