Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

1.6 YAFU (Yet Another Firmware Update)

I would caution flying the new FW (1.6.0.40) in strong wind conditions. I was struggling to control mine today in 9-10m/s winds and almost experienced a flyaway. Despite turning into wind and applying full right stick forward I was not able to counter the wind drift in P-GPS mode. I had to reduce height and switch to ATTI to regain control. PS. Air temp was 9C.

Does this only go for flying in areas with high winds and lower temps? Surely so. I fly in Florida so the temps will rarely be an issue - trying to decide whether to update or not and the wind issue has me concerned.

One wonders if dji will change the wind rating for the Inspire and ops manual change requirement. If that's the speed they are running with then I need to sell it and look for a powerful machine. However I think I'll wait to see how all this pans out.
You and me both, been looking at HEX's, like you the reason I brought it was it's power. Over the last 3mths the I1 has been "dumbed down" far too much IMO. Cheers Mark

Reactions: turbodronepilot
Does this only go for flying in areas with high winds and lower temps? Surely so. I fly in Florida so the temps will rarely be an issue - trying to decide whether to update or not and the wind issue has me concerned.
Even in warmer climates, if the wind is greater than the speed of your craft, you going to have problems, eventually the battery will run out and run out quicker.

They could have limited the power simply for the first 30 seconds or so after the aircraft has taken off in cold conditions. This would allow the battery to warm up sufficiently and then the FW could allow full throttle.
Pretty sure it's what it does, except it's using the real battery temp instead of an arbitrary amount of time that might or might not be sufficient.

Reactions: Scotflieger
Apart from the odd hurricane you should be alright but you should not need the battery cold weather changes in the latest firmware. I would stay with 1.5 at present.

Hi Guys
My first real post ! because Im getting really P*ssed Off with this FW 1.6 upgrade to day

Going back to the early FW Probs.......Now when flying the bird I1 X3 it keeps on randomly saying signal loss and going from P-GPS TO ATTI MODE? Some female voice keeps telling me you are in ATTI MODE Then next minute back into a green header P-GPS Mode!! With only 10m away from RC

Cant really tust the bird now havent been in this position for many months
Anyone with the same probs? ......any help? Thanks

DRanger

I would caution flying the new FW (1.6.0.40) in strong wind conditions. I was struggling to control mine today in 9-10m/s winds and almost experienced a flyaway. Despite turning into wind and applying full right stick forward I was not able to counter the wind drift in P-GPS mode. I had to reduce height and switch to ATTI to regain control. PS. Air temp was 9C.

That is a bit of a concern, one of my pros with the inspire is how well it handles stronger winds. This would greatly reduce my confidence especially as I live on the coast and like flying over water :S. No doubt another firmware update in a few days will only have this throttling for the first 30secs or so, haha. Seems odd not to implement it.

Reactions: damoncooper
Hi Guys
My first real post ! because Im getting really P*ssed Off with this FW 1.6 upgrade to day

Going back to the early FW Probs.......Now when flying the bird I1 X3 it keeps on randomly saying signal loss and going from P-GPS TO ATTI MODE? Some female voice keeps telling me you are in ATTI MODE Then next minute back into a green header P-GPS Mode!! With only 10m away from RC

Cant really tust the bird now havent been in this position for many months
Anyone with the same probs? ......any help? Thanks

DRanger
If you are losing GPS signal then there is a problem with your hardware not the FW. The distance from the RC is irrelevant for the switching from P-GPS and ATTI. How many satellites is your app reporting?

Reactions: Kilrah
Even in warmer climates, if the wind is greater than the speed of your craft, you going to have problems, eventually the battery will run out and run out quicker.

Well of course, but I don't mind knowing that my battery will drain more quickly when fighting high winds - that's just physics. I am worried about DJI changing the intelligence of the flight controller to reduce power in certain situations. That freaks me out.

Reactions: lrwskyfilms
Apart from the odd hurricane you should be alright but you should not need the battery cold weather changes in the latest firmware. I would stay with 1.5 at present.

It sounds like that is indeed my best course of action. I was hoping they'd update the GO App, though - mine still occasionally says that my camera needs an update even though it shows the current firmware version in the app. Everything is functioning fine, though.

Just to say I updated x3 and x5 in both drones today and all is good. Flights were 1 full battery and no issues... Yaw is definitely improved.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sounds like a good thing in general.

Any sign of the live AirMap.io-powered NFZ's?

I see no one has replied to your question...I have it from a reliable source that the NFZ self certification aka GEO will be released by the end of December...by my calculations thats just over a week from now....

Reactions: damoncooper
Well of course, but I don't mind knowing that my battery will drain more quickly when fighting high winds - that's just physics. I am worried about DJI changing the intelligence of the flight controller to reduce power in certain situations. That freaks me out.
Agree, I mean if your over water and the wind is offshore, you'll even less time to get the I1 back over land.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CandyGolds