Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

1.6 YAFU (Yet Another Firmware Update)

Did anyone notice the 120FPS video option in 1920x1080? I did a quick test and it looked good but does crop the image.

Rather new here, so please excuse my ignorance. So in the status message "firmware update required", means we can still fly with update 1.5. Thanks!

I had issues also after upgrade, when the DJI Go app started it would not communicate with either controller. I deleted the app and reinstalled for the download store. When I re opened the app everything worked. I am thinking I had a older version app and once reinstalled the issue went away. I am still not sure if my batteries are getting updated (the first one I can assume, but the othersr I need to do some investigation with).

I'm sticking with 1.5 for the moment. The temperature here will not normally reach even 8 or 9°C until April, and the best I can hope for is 15 - 20mph wind. I always warm my batteries in an insulated bag with a microwave cosy so they're usually about 18 - 25°C when I put them in, along with insulators, and I'm happy to manage the power as I see fit and fly in cold weather accordingly.

Reactions: Scotflieger
Did anyone notice the 120FPS video option in 1920x1080? I did a quick test and it looked good but does crop the image.
Indeed, same as Osmo. But it was already there before this update.

Rather new here, so please excuse my ignorance. So in the status message "firmware update required", means we can still fly with update 1.5. Thanks!
Welcome to the forum. The update required warning is for information only. It should say Firmware Update Available. You can continue flying with your existing firmware. The exception is if DJI issue a mandatory update and there has not been one of those for 9 months.

If you are losing GPS signal then there is a problem with your hardware not the FW. The distance from the RC is irrelevant for the switching from P-GPS and ATTI. How many satellites is your app reporting?

Sorry for the delay in response ......season greets to all
Hi Scotflieger
Thanks for your responce allways interested in your posts on this forum.
My point of blame is only that when I updated to FW 1.6 the problem started ? Perfectly Ok before this???
Answers to your questions
SATELLITIES= 11 TO 15 shown in DJI GO App
Tried two different RCs? No change still with random audio warning ATTI MODE! during flight. Closer insection of the screen when it happens shows the top tab RED saying COMPASS ERROR change to P-ATTI MODE on review of the flight record you can see when it flickers in and out of P-GPS mode

Only my early recall is that an early FW 1.1/1.2 ??? I had a similar problem until another FW update seem to correct it?

Any further help or pointers greatly appreciated
Thanks DRanger

Not necessarily every flight, but wherever you did it last was in a disturbed location or does not match the magnetic profile of where you're now flying, and thus you need to recalibrate.

Not necessarily every flight, but wherever you did it last was in a disturbed location or does not match the magnetic profile of where you're now flying, and thus you need to recalibrate.
Hi Kilrah
Call really rule this one out as i have flown fron this same place for the last 2months ( sounds boring) bare paddock no big metal fields or structures? been ok until FW 1.6

Might still need recalibration, conditions (solar activity etc) can cause change in magnetic fields. Can also just be that it wants a recalibration after the update.

Ruling out a compass calibration issue when this behavior is precisely caused by a compass calibration issue, well...

Might still need recalibration, conditions (solar activity etc) can cause change in magnetic fields. Can also just be that it wants a recalibration after the update.

Ruling out a compass calibration issue when this behavior is precisely caused by a compass calibration issue, well...
Flown about 6 times and do a compass recalibrate every time at the pre-flight check because of the problem!
Is there anything else with regards to compass i can do? To get this sorted?

Aha, when we get all info...

No there's nothing else one has control of regarding compass. I'd try another location.

Flown about 6 times and do a compass recalibrate every time at the pre-flight check because of the problem!
Is there anything else with regards to compass i can do? To get this sorted?
As Kilrah says - DO NOT do a compass calibration before every flight. It is totally unnecessary and runs the risk of introducing errors.
Far more important is to check your mod values at rest immediately before each take off.
What are/were your mod values at this location?

Hi,
For those of you using IOS who's firmware version after update shows either as unknown or "+" try shutting down your iPad completely, wait at least 30 seconds and reboot it. You should find that this corrects the firmware version error. On this occasion it's an IOS problem, not an DJI one!

Reactions: Scotflieger

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defenderschool