Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

$13-14K TO SPEND IN POLICE UAV

I'm sure it's been said, but the DJI M210 with dual gimbals: Matrice 210 US & Canada

This platform is modular and is weather resistant. Just need it to be released and your budget may not get you the FLIR camera.

Before you start buying kit you may want to ask the guys what they want to do with it. I was consulting with a local Police Force in the UK and they were looking to map some fairly sensitive infrastructure with their M600... that was until I pointed out the blindingly obvious that all of that data would end up on a server in China.

If you guys haven't worked out that these things are THE best thing that has ever happened to Chinese intelligence then you are slightly naive. Be careful who you are giving advice to.

Before you start buying kit you may want to ask the guys what they want to do with it. I was consulting with a local Police Force in the UK and they were looking to map some fairly sensitive infrastructure with their M600... that was until I pointed out the blindingly obvious that all of that data would end up on a server in China.

If you guys haven't worked out that these things are THE best thing that has ever happened to Chinese intelligence then you are slightly naive. Be careful who you are giving advice to.
The police are the customers and their needs assessment drives the project (not my first rodeo-retired chief of police). This is a small city of 50k, not London. Their police aren't too worried about their data. They are not going to be mapping any nuclear plants nor military bases, but doing SAR and crime scenes. After 40 years in the military and police service, I assure you that "naïve" is not in my vocabulary. I hope the "Police Force in the UK" are as concerned about DJI as their Apple chinese made smart phones...

I have a setup just like what you are looking for. I have around $13k in it. It is a Matrice 100 with dual batteries, Z3 (zoom) camera and a Flir 640 30hz 19mm lens. I have both batteries on the upper deck so I can run dual cameras underneath.

If I am mostly stationary I can get around 32-36min of flight time with dual TR48 batteries. The 19mm Flir lens makes a huge difference. The Matrice 100 is a solid bird, it is large but still manageable. It warms up faster than the Phantoms too. I can pull over on the side of the road and be in the air in 3 minutes.

It is also incredibly fast. It gets up to 45-50mph with no problem. I wont lie, it makes me nervous at that speed but it has handled it with no problem. I also have a Whelen ION attached if I want to make my presence known.

I have a setup just like what you are looking for. I have around $13k in it. It is a Matrice 100 with dual batteries, Z3 (zoom) camera and a Flir 640 30hz 19mm lens. I have both batteries on the upper deck so I can run dual cameras underneath.

If I am mostly stationary I can get around 32-36min of flight time with dual TR48 batteries. The 19mm Flir lens makes a huge difference. The Matrice 100 is a solid bird, it is large but still manageable. It warms up faster than the Phantoms too. I can pull over on the side of the road and be in the air in 3 minutes.

It is also incredibly fast. It gets up to 45-50mph with no problem. I wont lie, it makes me nervous at that speed but it has handled it with no problem. I also have a Whelen ION attached if I want to make my presence known.

What gimbal do you use for the FLIR?

Thanks for the reply, we considered the 100. The dept. wants an hexa for added safety. And a local dealer for maintenance. So looks like an M600 will be it. They found more $$$...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GRQLarae44