Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

15 in. CF Tiger props are awesome

Yeah, you keep thinking that...
Have you ever flown folding props. Both of my heavy lifters (Alta 6 and a custom Hex) use folding props and have 100s of flights with zero issues. I have flown $50K with folding props and never a worry. The only time I wouldn't recommend them is in a coaxial setup because varying motor speeds and prop wash doesn't play well with non rigid props.

Have you ever flown folding props. Both of my heavy lifters (Alta 6 and a custom Hex) use folding props and have 100s of flights with zero issues. I have flown $50K with folding props and never a worry. The only time I wouldn't recommend them is in a coaxial setup because varying motor speeds and prop wash doesn't play well with non rigid props.
Can you explain "coaxial setup" please.

Very pleased with first two flights with these carbon props. I live in a very windy area and these are so much quieter when fighting the wind. It is very reassuring. Using the Amazing Tech mounts and those are terrific as well. Easy on, easy off and still rock solid after windy flying with heavy braking. Very happy so far.

Told you there was a big difference.
You can now cross "worrying about my plastic props" off your list !!

was unable to remove the screws for 3 of the 4 props and they got stripped !

You absolutely have to HEAT to melt all the glue the factory uses.
They glue the *** out of everything. The last guy had to do this.

I fucking hate this Chinese pos company... **** chineseium screws, all terrible tolerance, stripped out every one.

Gotta dremel them all off and back them out with a pair of vice grips.

Reactions: Ftolino
Raphael

I'm referring to an X8 or Y6 where the motors are stacked one on top of another, in most set ups the top motor spins one way and the bottom motor spins the opposite direction.
Thanks Blue, now it's clear, because I'm also fly a x8 folded props without any issues.
Thanks again.

On the stock props is that what you mean. You couldn't get dji's off
Thats right managed to remove the first 2 screws fine and the original DJI plastic clips came off easily to allow the amazing adapter to fit. The other 3 props would not allow any movement in the screws and after some frustration I've managed to remove 1 screw from one, and stripped all the others. arhhhhhhh

Thats right managed to remove the first 2 screws fine and the original DJI plastic clips came off easily to allow the amazing adapter to fit. The other 3 props would not allow any movement in the screws and after some frustration I've managed to remove 1 screw from one, and stripped all the others. arhhhhhhh
That's crazy that they all stripped

I believe those screws had locktite applied during assembly. That is why they are so difficult to remove.

This is by far the most confusing thread I have come across. I read from the first page to the last and I am less informed than when I first started. It's amazing how a thread can be useful and useless at the same time. As a new I2 flyers, I would maybe like to get CF props but I have no idea which direction to go. Maybe page 11 will yield better and more conclusive results.

Last edited:
This is by far the most confusing thread I have come across. I read from the first page to the last and I am more informed than when I first started. It's amazing how a thread can be useful and useless at the same time. As a new I2 flyers, I would maybe like to get CF props but I have no idea which direction to go. Maybe page 11 will yield better and more conclusive results.

Hi Delta,

The props and adapters mentioned in the first post are excellent. I now have a number of flights in on that combo and they work very well. The props connect and disconnect with ease. The tolerances are confidence inspiring and they stay snug during flight. They are comparably very quiet.

I would strongly suggest these.

Reactions: deltalimatango
What tool did you use to try to remove the screws? Who/what are you unimpressed with?
Pro grade t9 screw driver - but wasn't aware to heat to crack the loctite. Unimpressed that i potentially need 3 new motors due to the screw heads being stripped - disappointing that a brand new drone needs this potentially -jsut to change the quick release adapter lol

Keen to get my carbon fibre props on and get flying again!

Reactions: SanCap
Pro grade t9 screw driver - but wasn't aware to heat to crack the loctite. Unimpressed that i potentially need 3 new motors due to the screw heads being stripped - disappointing that a brand new drone needs this potentially -jsut to change the quick release adapter lol

Keen to get my carbon fibre props on and get flying again!

After all the prop problems DJI has had, they probably used epoxy on the screws :eek:

Reactions: Thatius Dudeson

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela