Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

15 in. CF Tiger props are awesome

T8 worked fine for me on the Amazing Adapter - but needed T9 for the original DJI screws

My Amazing Tech adapters came with Allen head hardware. Only the stock DJI screws were Torx and they can be removed and replaced as expected with T8.

I hope that is helpful.

It can't. Torx T8 was suggested back here: Problems with "red Colour Props" . I have been using that size as well. It is a perfect fit and does not strip screws. T9 is likely the reason these stripped.

How could the larger t9 even fit in the smaller t8 screw head ??
Now if you used the smaller t8 in the bigger t9, I can see that stripping.

My guess is guys stripping them are using phillips head screw driver, not torx??

How could the larger t9 even fit in the smaller t8 screw head ??

Please try inserting an 8 and a 9 Torx into the Torx screw head. The 9 will actually insert a tiny bit which can fool you. The 8 will go in to full depth. If the 9 were inserted to that partial depth and turned at that partial depth it could certainly strip the heads. Please test it without turning. You may find the same.

Reactions: low_budget
My guess is guys stripping them are using phillips head screw driver, not torx??
No - i do know the different between Torque and phillips, so i was using the correct bit type !

I wasn't looking for a big blaming debate on this - my comment was i tried to remove the screws not knowing how to loosen loctite (otherwise i would have used the hot air gun first) - and this cased me to have to send my new drone to be unscrewed or new motored - depending on what the deal can do - I'm still looking forward to using my carbon fibre props when i get it back -as they look very high quality and worth the money.

Its a shame that DJI used a system to secure screws which were to be user replaceable in such as way as the damage has now been caused.

It adds another 3-4 weeks before i can use the Inspire 2 which is a massive shame.

No - i do know the different between Torque and phillips, so i was using the correct bit type !

I wasn't looking for a big blaming debate on this - my comment was i tried to remove the screws not knowing how to loosen loctite (otherwise i would have used the hot air gun first) - and this cased me to have to send my new drone to be unscrewed or new motored - depending on what the deal can do - I'm still looking forward to using my carbon fibre props when i get it back -as they look very high quality and worth the money.

Its a shame that DJI used a system to secure screws which were to be user replaceable in such as way as the damage has now been caused.

It adds another 3-4 weeks before i can use the Inspire 2 which is a massive shame.
They can't make money off of user serviceable parts... so that's their angle.

The DJI screws that hold the quick release prop adapters are T8, not T9.

Also, if you plan to use a hot air gun to release the locktite on the screws be careful you don't melt the adapters. I believe they are made of plastic.

Hi,

Just so other users do not end up with expensive damage, you do not need to use any heat if you use the correct T8 Torx head.

Agree totally. Just be careful and take your time. Work the screw back and forth the losen the bond of the locktite and your good to go.

Reactions: Ftolino
You DO NOT USE A HOT AIR GUN to heat the screws

You use a hot soldering iron. (but if u use a t9 as started, you will strip them anyways, wrong tool).
Some guys are new at this, I can tell, it's alright, though, we all "live and learn" :)

Been rolling in the R/C hobbies for 25+ years. I believe my tools to be of high quality considering the last time I purchased hex and torx wrenches was 15 years ago and they still don't have "jiggle" in them when using them. T9. The screws on my I2 motors holding on the DJI plastic prop locks are T9. The T8 jiggles around in the screw. T9 snaps into the screw (and also goes the same depth as the T8). From the looks of this thread, your results may differ. I had no issue removing the screws, but I will admit, the thread adhesive DJI uses on them is stronger than the typical blue adhesive I use from Loctite.

Well crap. I was seriously hoping to use folding props for the I2. The new Inspak landing mode backpack is right around the corner and this time around I wanted to get rid of the last setup item: putting on and taking off the props. For the life of me, I cannot find folding prop mounts with a 13mm spacing between the mounting screws and a 5mm hole in the middle - although the 5mm hole is simple to adjust considering that can be easily drilled. I really don't want to do filing on the 12mm spacing holes of the Tarot folding prop mounts I have to get to 13mm, but I may have to. Thankfully, I still have my Amazing Tech mounts from my I1, but I had my heart set on folding props.

Does anyone know of folding prop mounts that would fit the I2 motors? Can't tell if the ones from KDE fit since they don't list the specs. I see that DJI makes sets that you can buy for their 2170 folding propeller, but I don't know if those screw mounts are 12mm or 13mm. I figure they are meant for the M600 or S1000. Does anyone know if the DJI mounts for the 2170 prop fit the I2 motors?

Reactions: deltalimatango
I now have 60 flights and 6.5 hours of flight time on my T-Motor 15X5 props with the Heliengadin adapters and could not be happier. They are substantially quieter and seem to be more responsive. It appears I am getting a small increase in flight times but nothing to brag about. The Inspire 2 did great today in winds that were 15-26 mph today.

They are substantially quieter and seem to be more responsive. The Inspire 2 did great today in winds that were 15-26 mph today.

It just proves how deep in the sand Ken and Ed have their heads to constantly argue there's "no difference"., "just bling". Total bafoons they are, "tuned propulsion system" give me a flippin break - lol

Huge difference in sound, huge difference in high winds, huge difference in quality.
There's just no effing way to argue against that, (but some do) :rolleyes:

I would absolutely NEVER fly with plastic DJI crappola EVER again !!!

Last edited:
Been rolling in the R/C hobbies for 25+ years. I believe my tools to be of high quality considering the last time I purchased hex and torx wrenches was 15 years ago and they still don't have "jiggle" in them when using them. T9. The screws on my I2 motors holding on the DJI plastic prop locks are T9. The T8 jiggles around in the screw. T9 snaps into the screw (and also goes the same depth as the T8). From the looks of this thread, your results may differ. I had no issue removing the screws, but I will admit, the thread adhesive DJI uses on them is stronger than the typical blue adhesive I use from Loctite.

Well crap. I was seriously hoping to use folding props for the I2. The new Inspak landing mode backpack is right around the corner and this time around I wanted to get rid of the last setup item: putting on and taking off the props. For the life of me, I cannot find folding prop mounts with a 13mm spacing between the mounting screws and a 5mm hole in the middle - although the 5mm hole is simple to adjust considering that can be easily drilled. I really don't want to do filing on the 12mm spacing holes of the Tarot folding prop mounts I have to get to 13mm, but I may have to. Thankfully, I still have my Amazing Tech mounts from my I1, but I had my heart set on folding props.

Does anyone know of folding prop mounts that would fit the I2 motors? Can't tell if the ones from KDE fit since they don't list the specs. I see that DJI makes sets that you can buy for their 2170 folding propeller, but I don't know if those screw mounts are 12mm or 13mm. I figure they are meant for the M600 or S1000. Does anyone know if the DJI mounts for the 2170 prop fit the I2 motors?

Here you go. Inspire 2 Carbon Fiber folding propellers

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
annettekirtont