Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

15 in. CF Tiger props are awesome

Did the props that aero 3d offer are good for I1? Have anyone used them for a long rime?
They are much cheaper compared to xoar or t motor.
They're 13" they work but it'll handle like ****. Bri I had a couple sets of rc timers an 2 sets of Lp it they look exactly the same only the name was sanded off lol I'm glad I'm not the only one whom think they were way over priced

Forgive me if it's been discussed in the 14 pages of this thread, but how sharp is the leading edge of the prop? From the photo I see, it looks gently beveled and chamfered. I've always wanted to use carbon props in populated areas but am concerned with the safety aspect in the event of a crash or loss of control. The carbon props I've seen before act like knives and they will slice through human flesh like a warm knife through butter. One of my buddies got cut up very badly when he had to intervene to save his drone from potentially drifting into a group of onlookers.

If the foldable nature of these props, coupled with a nice bevel on the leading edge of the props, makes them flesh friendly...I am going to pick up a set.

Thank you for the feedback.

Forgive me if it's been discussed in the 14 pages of this thread, but how sharp is the leading edge of the prop? From the photo I see, it looks gently beveled and chamfered. I've always wanted to use carbon props in populated areas but am concerned with the safety aspect in the event of a crash or loss of control. The carbon props I've seen before act like knives and they will slice through human flesh like a warm knife through butter. One of my buddies got cut up very badly when he had to intervene to save his drone from potentially drifting into a group of onlookers.

If the foldable nature of these props, coupled with a nice bevel on the leading edge of the props, makes them flesh friendly...I am going to pick up a set.

Thank you for the feedback.

The leading edge of the T-Motor props are not sharp but will slice thru flesh at the speed they are turning. Even the DJI QR plastic props will cut into flesh.

The carbon props I've seen before act like knives and they will slice through human flesh like a warm knife through butter.

Wow, this is stuff you simply made up. :rolleyes:
Just because you can type the words on your keyboard doesn't make them true.

Fact is, as SanCap pointed out, it doesn't matter which props you have.
Stick your hand in either one, the prop will STOP spinning instantly.
Which one will hurt more, don't think it will matter?
Why don't you try both and let us know what you find :)

Reactions: Ftolino
Here's to the gentleman whom stripped out the screws holding the stock props on . Dji actually sells loc tite

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170424-120407.png
    Screenshot_20170424-120407.png
    204 KB · Views: 42
Has anyone found t-motor or t-motor style CF props for high altitude flying? I read on another thread this should be a 1360 prop but I haven't been able to find a 1360 or 1460 prop in CF with T-motor style holes.

Has anyone found t-motor or t-motor style CF props for high altitude flying? I read on another thread this should be a 1360 prop but I haven't been able to find a 1360 or 1460 prop in CF with T-motor style holes.

You read wrong.
use the t-motor 14x4.5 on I1 and 15x5 on the I2
there is nothing else you need to know about the props

Reactions: Viper Pilot
You read wrong.
use the t-motor 14x4.5 on I1 and 15x5 on the I2
there is nothing else you need to know about the props

You read wrong. There is a lot more you need to know about props. See bold below:

Reactions: JROK
You read wrong. There is a lot more you need to know about props. See bold below:

I answered the question.
with t-motor props you do not need any "specially pitched" dji plastic props.
14" for any altitude with I1

and 15" for any altitude with I2

if you don't understand that simple explanation, then maybe just fly at sea lever with chitty dji plastic props :)

I answered the question.
with t-motor props you do not need any "specially pitched" dji plastic props.
14" for any altitude with I1

and 15" for any altitude with I2

if you don't understand that simple explanation, then maybe just fly at sea lever with chitty dji plastic props :)

Yeah okay, I see you are generally a douchebag on these forums so I'll just ignore your idiocy.

Reactions: Cruncher
I'm I1 user and I've got the 13" props from aero3D. They arrived with some visible attempt for balancing but all 4 where still out of any reasonable balance at the hub and on the fins and all around :) After about a 1-2 hours I've finally balanced them all, it wasn't easy.

I have a question, did anyone have used on their I1 (I know this is the I2 thread and please excuse me for the hijacking) the original prop locks (part 18) combined with Amazing Tech adapters just for additional safety for the active breaking that motors do from time to time? Is it a good idea to combine them if they fit together? Is it necessary at all to think for additional locking on the props or those type of adapters have been working without a glitch in the history of man kind? :)

Thanks in advance!

I'm I1 user and I've got the 13" props from aero3D. They arrived with some visible attempt for balancing but all 4 where still out of any reasonable balance at the hub and on the fins and all around :) After about a 1-2 hours I've finally balanced them all, it wasn't easy.

I have a question, did anyone have used on their I1 (I know this is the I2 thread and please excuse me for the hijacking) the original prop locks (part 18) combined with Amazing Tech adapters just for additional safety for the active breaking that motors do from time to time? Is it a good idea to combine them if they fit together? Is it necessary at all to think for additional locking on the props or those type of adapters have been working without a glitch in the history of man kind? :)

Thanks in advance!
You wasted your time. Go to 14-45

Reactions: Bri Guy
Not being a smart-*** but how would you combine the 2 together. Just snug them up that's all you need to do . An go to a bigger prop

Not being a smart-*** but how would you combine the 2 together. Just snug them up that's all you need to do . An go to a bigger prop
Thanks for the input!
I don't have the locks and never have used ones because I'm with 1345T props and I don't know the size/height of the locks, for example the adapters can be taller than the locks. That's why I'm asking, if somebody is using them together or at least having both and can try to see if they fit well will be great!

Isn't a bigger prop introducing more vibrations compared to small ones, I'm shooting with 25mm and 45mm lenses and hope the CF props + adapters to reduce the vibrations that happen from time to time. Is the copter more stable and faster with 1" bigger props, how that influence the flight time?

Thanks for the input!
I don't have the locks and never have used ones because I'm with 1345T props and I don't know the size/height of the locks, for example the adapters can be taller than the locks. That's why I'm asking, if somebody is using them together or at least having both and can try to see if they fit well will be great!

Isn't a bigger prop introducing more vibrations compared to small ones, I'm shooting with 25mm and 45mm lenses and hope the CF props + adapters to reduce the vibrations that happen from time to time. Is the copter more stable and faster with 1" bigger props, how that influence the flight time?
Now the Inspire one is made to take 14 inch props not the 13th you'll probably get less vibration from a bigger prop because the smaller one is spinning faster and then changes in the air will happen more quickly with the 13

You won't get as much flight time with the 13 inch prop as you will 14 and I found that it handles kind of weird

You won't get as much flight time with the 13 inch prop as you will 14 and I found that it handles kind of weird
Thanks for the info Ftolino!
What was the camera and Inspire version you were used? There are some clips on the net with 13" props and the comments are not bad but most are wit x3 camera.
By the way I didn't knew that the inspire props are actually 13.5" and found that just when comparing both original and cf side by side. Also the fins of the original prop at the hub are wider than any stock cf prop I've seen. I guess this is a real reason for less flight time and lifting especially if x5r is used.

Reactions: Ftolino

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cruzamikayla