Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

15 in. CF Tiger props are awesome

He wants you to use small rasp to widen the 12mm spacing on the tiger-cf props to 13mm and bolt on directly to the motors, with just the top plate.. Richard wants to untoy our toy copters!

Reactions: Ftolino
I did a hover test comparison today.

Fred, hovering is NOT a test at all, especially in no wind. lol
No one bought the bird to hover it in front of your face, but if you did Hover in 12-15kts of wind with the plastic props, and your bird is moving about and buzzing like a flippin locust cause the props are flexing with every input, while the t-motor remain rock solid and quiet.

If you actually have a bunch of flights on your bird with the plastic props, then you will know how it feels, sounds, handles, accelerates, etc.

Then, put on the t-motor props, and go fly all over with your camera attached and do real life flying. Like you normally would.

Here's what I noticed in real life flying.......

a - Extremely smooth and no vibration while taking off and hovering.

b - The prop noise dramatically dissipates at 50 to 100 yards.
This is not a slight difference, but a dramatic difference.
So much so, you can no longer use the sound to keep track of position, like you could with the plastic props. Again, this is extremely noticeable.

c -In the stronger winds the bird flies much straighter, and holds position much better when you stop. .

This is not "subjective" like, do you like blue or green.
The t-motor carbon fiber props are build completely different the molded plastic flex props dji supplies. The only way to NOT see a huge difference, is to simply not have enough experience to know the difference, (a total noob perhaps)?

If you do NOT want your t-motor props Fred, I will be happy to buy them from you right now, (at a "used" price point, say 20% less than new)? Shoot me a PM with your Paypal and I'll take them off your hands,(no need for you to waste money on these things, stay with the flexible plastic). ;)

He wants you to use small rasp to widen the 12mm spacing on the tiger-cf props to 13mm and bolt on directly to the motors, with just the top plate.. Richard wants to untoy our toy copters!

Exactly that !!
No worries about the adaptors being out of balance either, (and screwing up your nicely balanced t-motor props) by introducing vibration. Bolt them straight to the motors, perfectly smooth :)

So they've now all arrived - just waiting for my loctite - did anyone use a torque wrench for the right tightness for these - and if so - what nm setting did you use ? (and work out which goes where lol)

so one prop went fine- and the other three are wholly broken - the screw heads crumbled, so I'm now left with one prop fine, and three unusable - unsure how to proceed - do i try and drill them out or pass to a dealer to sort?

so one prop went fine- and the other three are wholly broken - the screw heads crumbled, so I'm now left with one prop fine, and three unusable - unsure how to proceed - do i try and drill them out or pass to a dealer to sort?
How tight did you go . If you use loct tite don't get the red get the weakest your working with small parts . What stripped the motor bells

Very pleased with first two flights with these carbon props. I live in a very windy area and these are so much quieter when fighting the wind. It is very reassuring. Using the Amazing Tech mounts and those are terrific as well. Easy on, easy off and still rock solid after windy flying with heavy braking. Very happy so far.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ftolino

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kurskmvah