Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

2 Issues after updating to Firmware v1.2.0.17

Reaction score
Hi there

I've been reading this site with interest for a few weeks now as I learn to fly / look after my I1. I've never owned any drone/quadcopter previously so am a complete newbie.

I've noticed two issues after I updated the firmeware and wondered if anyone else had similar issues?

1. I updated the firmware this weekend which didn't go as smooth as I'd hoped (due to user error!) but after the update i noticed the I1 doesn't not hold steady in a hover like it used to. I was really impressed with how good it was, and if I let go of the controls it just stopped and waited for me to compose myself and go again. Now I'm almost afriad to let go as it drifts and moves all over the place.

2. I've also noticed that the batteries when turned on make the beeps, but they no longer beep when turning off. Has anyone else noticed this?

Thank you for a cool informative forum.

Cheers

Jason

Hi there

I've been reading this site with interest for a few weeks now as I learn to fly / look after my I1. I've never owned any drone/quadcopter previously so am a complete newbie.

I've noticed two issues after I updated the firmeware and wondered if anyone else had similar issues?

1. I updated the firmware this weekend which didn't go as smooth as I'd hoped (due to user error!) but after the update i noticed the I1 doesn't not hold steady in a hover like it used to. I was really impressed with how good it was, and if I let go of the controls it just stopped and waited for me to compose myself and go again. Now I'm almost afriad to let go as it drifts and moves all over the place.

2. I've also noticed that the batteries when turned on make the beeps, but they no longer beep when turning off. Has anyone else noticed this?

Thank you for a cool informative forum.

Cheers

Jason

Try an imu and compass calibration. I don't understand about the batteries, they have never made a sound.

Thanks for your reply. I did a compass calibration but not IMU - Will give that a go.

When I turn on the battery in the drone they (or the drone) beep two or 3 times as they come on(same as controller). I'm sure they used to do it as I turned them off too - just like the controller.

Thanks again for taking the time to help

It is the motors that are beeping at start up. Mine still do. I agree they do not beep on power down.

Hy, did your problem solved with the hovering state ?
After the update, my inspire 1 keep going backwards (indoors - non-gps mode ) , i have send logs to dji and a video ....
they responded that it's fine :))

Before the update it was hovering indoors briliant, since the update i am affraid to lift it up when no gps.
Did the IMU calibration and everything , nothing solved my problem.

Hi. I haven't had a chance to do imu calibration yet as cyclone Pam has put any flying on hold for a while.

I will report back once I have calibrated and flown again.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbyeriGop