Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

2nd Controller vision dropping out

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I'm having a bit of trouble with the camera operators downlink. This didn't use to happen and I'm not sure if it started when I updated any of the firmware. I am running an Inspire 1 Pro with 2 controllers. Pilot's downlink works fine, and never drops out. The camera operators downlink freezes and stalls quite frequently. It usually is used in conjunction with an iPad mini. I have tested the mini on the pilots downlink and it works fine, so I'm pretty sure I can rule that out.

Both controllers are on version 1.7.40 and version 2.9.2 of the app.
Any tips would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
FC

Hi everyone,
I'm having a bit of trouble with the camera operators downlink. This didn't use to happen and I'm not sure if it started when I updated any of the firmware. I am running an Inspire 1 Pro with 2 controllers. Pilot's downlink works fine, and never drops out. The camera operators downlink freezes and stalls quite frequently. It usually is used in conjunction with an iPad mini. I have tested the mini on the pilots downlink and it works fine, so I'm pretty sure I can rule that out.

Thanks,
FC
How far apart are your controllers? DJ set the distance in their sparsely updated manual to b 50 m (verify?) I have similar issues with Inspire 1 V1-X3. Suspecting the mini needs more processing power after all the bloat ware.

Hi everyone,

Thanks,
FC
This has been covered numerous times on the forum.
Have a search and you will find quite a few threads on the issue.
It's basically a hardware design flaw which has plagued the platform from inception and is caused by the 5.8ghz nodes interleaved with the 2.4ghz ones. The proximity to each other on the pcb causes the issue and the only rock solid way round it is to use an HDMI tether between master and slave.
You are lucky if it worked previously for you - I would imagine it was never that solid though.

I had this s same exact problem on my brand new I1 V2.0. The slave controller was basically useless. I had to send it in for repair. I got it back yesterday n tested it today with both X3 and Z3 cameras n now it works as "advertised" on the slave controller. PIA.

Sent from my iPhone using InspirePilots

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomasovinido