Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

3/17 - Firmware 1.7 released

I use the X3 and X5 on my Inspire. With the X3 installed I see "Camera requires update" I assume I should install the new firmware and that upgrade requirement will go away. Then I can switch between cameras with no other upgrades required?

Reactions: VFTECH
Can someone summarize what all is updated? There was an RC update not long ago and we had the increase noise update for the camera also just a bit ago and now this update -- I'm not sure what's up just now.

Also, is there some updates that should be skipped like the noise increase update?

Brian

I can understand how DJI could get into trouble for permitting comm freqs that aren't legal but I am a little puzzled by the 30 minute rule -- what's up with that? Why should a government care if the camera records for 20 minutes or 40 minutes?
It's a thing that like many is basically completely irrelevant nowadays yet still active - it considers that with something that can't record more than 30 minutes straight you're not likely to be able to record copyrighted material and duplicate it. Devices capable of more are subjected to an extra amount of copyright tax.

Reactions: slim.slamma
It's a thing that like many is basically completely irrelevant nowadays yet still active - it considers that with something that can't record more than 30 minutes straight you're not likely to be able to record copyrighted material and duplicate it. Devices capable of more are subjected to an extra amount of copyright tax.
Yup - to clear it all up.....

Back in 2006, the EU controversially decided to classify high-end digital cameras as video recorders, which attached a customs duty of 5-12% for digital cameras imported into Europe. The classification was decided not just based on digital cameras' improving abilities to record video through its lens and sensor, but their ability to record direct input from external sources like televisions. A home video recorder tax would theoretically offset money lost from users recording movies off broadcast television or cable onto digital devices, though the EU has never been very clear on the tax's intent. The tax's consequence, though, has been felt in every digital camera user looking to use a DSLR in place of a camcorder, as camera manufactures would rather limit recording capability in software than raise the price of its cameras (or lower their margins).

Hence DJI claim that the the recording is limited to 30 minutes for 'stability' reasons is a complete fabrication and totally to do with revenue.

Reactions: Djeszelda
OK, that's starting to make sense even though it makes no sense...

So, in what way do these higher taxes get distributed to rights holders? Or is the money kept by the various governments?

Brian

Update complete on I1 and Osmo.. If the winds weren't kicking at 40mph, I would do a test flight. Although this is just a camera update, and the AC is still a V 1.6, I did an IMU calibration anyways.

WOW, since when do we have 1080p 120fps? Coool, just seen in on the Osmo and thought: so this must also be possible on the Inspire. Just did the firmware update to 1.7.00.90, which seems to be only a camera update, checked settings and volla... or was this there before? Didn't see that feature in the Update log, what did i missed here?

IMG_0251.PNG
IMG_4270.png

Hi,

i can't find the 1.7.0.90 fw version, dji website just shows me this:

inspire%20download.GIF

Any idea?

Thanks

Digital zoom a complete waste of time and look what they have sneaked in using camera stability as an excuse...

So DJI would have you believe that they have put a limit on recording time to 1/2 hour to 'Improve stability"
The truth of the mater is - yet again they have got with their pants down (like the 32ch cock up which was transmitting illegally in some countries).
Cameras that record continuously for more than 30 minutes attract a completely different rate (higher) of import duty. I believe governments have now caught up with them and told them they must pay more tax and they have limited the camera recording time to 30 minutes to circumvent this.
True about the cameras and 30 min limit. All DSLR's have a 30 min limit for exactly that reason. I do lots of video and couldn't understand the reason for the limit, but found out it has to do with duty taxes. That said I never shoot video more than 10 seconds when I'm doing a doc..so no big deal to me any way.

Has anyone used the new firmware? seems like I'm the first person to see that its out.
I loaded the new firmware yesterday and took the first flight everything worked flawlessly. I haven't done any 4K camera work with it yet but I'll probably do some of that today and get back to all of you.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EarthmovingAdelaide