Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

32 Channel Mod: Still Possible?

Reaction score
Assuming all the latest firmware and app versions (iOS), is it still possible to open up the other 24 channels?

I'm in the US and have region set to US in the iPad/iPhone settings but I still only see 8 channels when attempting the mod.

Any ideas?

Still possible, did it 2 months ago on iPad Air for Inspire1, after two DJI GO APP updates and two Inspire1 FW Updates I still have 32 Channels(and based in UK).

I cannot for the life of me get the mod to work. Every time I follow instructions on adding the file through iTunes, open the app and I'm still limited... I'm pretty good with these things usually but this one has me scratching my head...

So I figured out what was up...

I was copying the unzipped folder (which upon examination in Finder appeared empty) into the DJI Go App's folder in iTunes.

You need to follow the following procedure to "see" the correct files to move to iTunes:

1. Open Terminal found in Finder > Applications > Utilities
  2. In Terminal, paste the following: defaults write com.apple.finder AppleShowAllFiles YES
  3. Press return
  4. Hold the ‘Option/alt’ key, then right click on the Finder icon in the dock and click Relaunch.
The hidden DJI config files should now be visible in Finder - proceed to move them to the DJI Go App's folder in iTunes.

Apologies if this has been addressed before.

Last edited:
Alright, I'm trying to do the 32 channel mod and I'm trying everything. Does anyone have the file link that I can use?
Also, I was trying it before but was only gettin a link to a .rar file which I've never seen.
Help...

Alright, I'm trying to do the 32 channel mod and I'm trying everything. Does anyone have the file link that I can use?
Also, I was trying it before but was only gettin a link to a .rar file which I've never seen.
Help...

Attachments

• 32channels.zip
    188 bytes · Views: 385
Reactions: Kenneth Sands
Thanks! Got it to work. I'm flying in Indiana right now on the shores of Lake Michigan, so any interference is minimal. I do see all the channels though and it's good to know that I can switch over to a different one if needed.
Had to download an .rar program to unzip the file and also make hidden files seen on my mac. Took me a few minutes to figure that stuff out, but finally got it.

Reactions: Kenneth Sands
Out of the 32, assuming no interference on any channel, are there any preferred channels due to frequency or performance or other factors? i.e. if all channels are clean, are there some that are better than others?

Out of the 32, assuming no interference on any channel, are there any preferred channels due to frequency or performance or other factors? i.e. if all channels are clean, are there some that are better than others?

For any LD fliers out there: the 32 channel config is great but it turns out that for LD BLOS flight (where that is legal) "auto" is the only thing that works to maintain connection once a channel goes out of range or experiences interference. Manually hunting for a good channel is impractical when connection is about to be lost.

Letting Lightbridge do it quickly for you, even with the restricted channel range "auto" channel selection covers is the best choice. Just stay calm, wait a second or two and the channel change will complete.

Your mileage may vary. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: The Editor
For any LD fliers out there: the 32 channel config is great but it turns out that for LD BLOS flight (where that is legal) "auto" is the only thing that works to maintain connection once a channel goes out of range or experiences interference. Manually hunting for a good channel is impractical when connection is about to be lost.

Letting Lightbridge do it quickly for you, even with the restricted channel range "auto" channel selection covers is the best choice. Just stay calm, wait a second or two and the channel change will complete.

Your mileage may vary. :)
Interesting...so in low interference areas, I guess we would be better off on auto? Been using channel 23 everywhere with no issues, but I only go about about 3 miles max unlike some crazy bastards :D

when I extract the zip the folder appears empty on my Win10 pc, even if i show hidden files any help?

can you please help with installing this patch. the zipped file is called 32 channel that i got from the link on this page. it unzips and then is empty like you say. im lost with you mentioning about this finder business.
please help im getting a little disheartened with my phantom 3 pro at the moment.
Many thanks Mark

can you please help with installing this patch. the zipped file is called 32 channel that i got from the link on this page. it unzips and then is empty like you say. im lost with you mentioning about this finder business.
please help im getting a little disheartened with my phantom 3 pro at the moment.
Many thanks Mark

Try this:

Show Hidden Files Mac OS X:

1. Click “Finder” icon on your Mac dock.
  2. Open Terminal. Terminal is a utility that provides access to the OS X operating system. It can be opened in one of two following ways:
  3. Select “Applications” on the left side, then on “Utilities“, and double-click on “Terminal“
  4. Open the OS X Launchpad. Click the “Utilities” folder. Then, double click on “Terminal.”
  5. Enter the following text into the Terminal window, then press “Enter“: “defaults write com.apple.Finder AppleShowAllFiles YES”
  6. Exit the Terminal program. This can be done by selecting “Quit Terminal” from the Terminal menu.
  7. Restart Finder. Your new setting will take effect after you relaunch finder. To do so, hold down the “Alt” key and right-click or two-fingered click on the Finder icon. Select “Relaunch.”

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaricruzRa