Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

USA 333 Exemptions - This is taking entirely too long!

N Number is easy if you submit the following correctly.

This may sound like a silly question but we have to remember we are working with the FAA. I am registering 3 copters and sending the paperwork together, should I send a separate check for each or can I pay for all 3 on one check?

This may sound like a silly question but we have to remember we are working with the FAA. I am registering 3 copters and sending the paperwork together, should I send a separate check for each or can I pay for all 3 on one check?
3 checks. N Number in the subject if you have reserved the n number ahead of time. No confusion and good for record keeping.

What do u mean u sent a check? Check as in money? I'm exempt and it was free. It took a little over 4 months for my exemption letter and COA. Best of luck!

What do u mean u sent a check? Check as in money? I'm exempt and it was free. It took a little over 4 months for my exemption letter and COA. Best of luck!
The FAA has said that less than 25% of 333 holders follow up with the requirements of their exemption. I am guessing you are one of them. You are required to register all of your aircraft. You are required to file NOTAMs. You are required to send in monthly reports to the FAA of your flight activities. If you have a 333 and have not registered your aircraft... which is not free, your 333 is worthless.

The FAA has said that less than 25% of 333 holders follow up with the requirements of their exemption. I am guessing you are one of them. You are required to register all of your aircraft. You are required to file NOTAMs. You are required to send in monthly reports to the FAA of your flight activities. If you have a 333 and have not registered your aircraft... which is not free, your 333 is worthless.

Oops! Sorry for the scare.... Derrr! I'm glad I came here out of curiosity. I had actually forgotten about that so please excuse me! I was waiting to see if I was gonna receive my 333 exemption and then follow up with the rest. Now I feel like a turd! Anyway, I'm gonna register my tomorrow. That is the last thing I have to do.

CB, I haven't flown mine since registration as it is in repair. Can u tell if filing NOTAMs is painful? Thanks!

No worries! Thats what this section of the forum is intended for in my opinion, for those who are working commercially and working with each other to make sure we do it right.

Getting the 333 is the first step. Information on registering your UAS here:
Aircraft Registry – Aircraft Registration: Unmanned Aircraft (UA)
Use form 8050-88 and fill out as follows.

Your 333 will include an email address to send your monthly reports including location, n numbered aircraft, type of service etc.

Notams are the pain. They are not difficult to file, just remember that you can't file them same day or night before. sign up for an account on www.1800wxbrief.com

No worries! Thats what this section of the forum is intended for in my opinion, for those who are working commercially and working with each other to make sure we do it right.

Getting the 333 is the first step. Information on registering your UAS here:
Aircraft Registry – Aircraft Registration: Unmanned Aircraft (UA)
Use form 8050-88 and fill out as follows.

Your 333 will include an email address to send your monthly reports including location, n numbered aircraft, type of service etc.

Notams are the pain. They are not difficult to file, just remember that you can't file them same day or night before. sign up for an account on www.1800wxbrief.com

Attachments

• Form Example.pdf
    120.3 KB · Views: 26
Reactions: SanCap
Since my USA 333 Exemption Request thread got hijacked by a discussion about over-riding DJI NFZs, I thought I would open up the discussion to an update on how long it is taking currently to get through the 333 Exemption approval process. I posted my request on 8/13/2015 and have yet to see it posted on a permanent docket at Regulations. gov. Quoted below is my updated inquiry to the Help Desk:

"Dear Sirs:
It has now been over two months since I submitted my Section 333 Petition for Exemption (tracking # **-****-****) on 8/13/2015. Please provide an explanation as to why my petition has not yet been posted on Regulations.gov to a permanent docket.
I understand that there is a high volume of such petitions being submitted, but there was supposed to be an effort to speed consideration and approval for relatively routine use cases, which I believe mine to be. I find it unacceptable that it is taking this long to get my aerial photography and survey business off the ground (excuse the pun). If I do not get a reasonably prompt response, I will be contacting my Congressional Representative and Senator to bring this unacceptable delay to their attention. As the FAA NPRM for commercial UAS operations in the NAS is scheduled to be finalized by mid-2016, the window of time is closing fast on the possibility of gaining any advantage over business competitors that cannot, by virtue of their lack of required Airman certificates, be approved for the COA required to exercise their 333 exemption. I find this disappointing."

I'm trying to determine if mine is an outlying case, or if this is typical FAA foot-dragging. I shouldn't be too surprised by the glacial pace because I've dealt with the FAA as a professional pilot for my whole career, but this is truly mind-boggling bureaucratic incompetence.
TOOK ME 4 MONTHS...

That's what we were told, no worries. Those that file after Oct. are looking at longer waits. We also are joining our local gliding club. They will be helping with the sport pilots license. It will all come about with time and dedication.

Since my USA 333 Exemption Request thread got hijacked by a discussion about over-riding DJI NFZs, I thought I would open up the discussion to an update on how long it is taking currently to get through the 333 Exemption approval process. I posted my request on 8/13/2015 and have yet to see it posted on a permanent docket at Regulations. gov. Quoted below is my updated inquiry to the Help Desk:

"Dear Sirs:
It has now been over two months since I submitted my Section 333 Petition for Exemption (tracking # **-****-****) on 8/13/2015. Please provide an explanation as to why my petition has not yet been posted on Regulations.gov to a permanent docket.
I understand that there is a high volume of such petitions being submitted, but there was supposed to be an effort to speed consideration and approval for relatively routine use cases, which I believe mine to be. I find it unacceptable that it is taking this long to get my aerial photography and survey business off the ground (excuse the pun). If I do not get a reasonably prompt response, I will be contacting my Congressional Representative and Senator to bring this unacceptable delay to their attention. As the FAA NPRM for commercial UAS operations in the NAS is scheduled to be finalized by mid-2016, the window of time is closing fast on the possibility of gaining any advantage over business competitors that cannot, by virtue of their lack of required Airman certificates, be approved for the COA required to exercise their 333 exemption. I find this disappointing."

I'm trying to determine if mine is an outlying case, or if this is typical FAA foot-dragging. I shouldn't be too surprised by the glacial pace because I've dealt with the FAA as a professional pilot for my whole career, but this is truly mind-boggling bureaucratic incompetence.

QuadPilot I submitted my FAA 333 exemption on June 7th and I just received my exemption in the mail on December 14th. 6 months and one week later.

Reactions: kcobello and SanCap
Good morning all. I filed my 333 Sept 19. Was available for review on the registry Dec 9 under my document number. What's interesting is that it doesn't show in the search section of the site. The plan for the time being is to do work pro bono in order to establish working relationships and build my portfolio. So waiting is par for the course.

Good morning all. I filed my 333 Sept 19. Was available for review on the registry Dec 9 under my document number. What's interesting is that it doesn't show in the search section of the site. The plan for the time being is to do work pro bono in order to establish working relationships and build my portfolio. So waiting is par for the course.

Try searching your name or company name as it was written on the petition.

I've tried that. I can find it with my Doc#. I noticed that the read on the registry reads,"Airtacc Aerial Visual Systems, LLC, Exemption." Where others read company name then "Exemption/Rulemaking." That may be the difference.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cruzamikayla