Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

3510H motor apparent problem

Reaction score
Hello Guys...

Two weeks ago I purchased an Inspire V2.0 and in one of my flight checks I noticed that three of the four motors move up and down when pulled... Can you check for me if your 3510 or 3510H do the same?

Please see the video, the first motor is Ok.

Is this something I should worry about?

Thanks!
JC

Hello Guys...

Two weeks ago I purchased an Inspire V2.0 and in one of my flight checks I noticed that three of the four motors move up and down when pulled... Can you check for me if your 3510 or 3510H do the same?

Please see the video, the first motor is Ok.

Is this something I should worry about?

Thanks!
JC
The same answer you got on the DJI forum - Normal, stop worrying about it and go fly.

Thanks for the responses guys, if its not too much trouble I would like to confirm with someone that pulls on the motors and checks this... You only have to pull slightly to notice this "feature" dont yank it!

checked my inspire 1 v2 and motors 1,3,&4 slightly move as you have described. Not sure but Dji needs to let us know if this is NORMAL.

checked my inspire 1 v2 and motors 1,3,&4 slightly move as you have described. Not sure but Dji needs to let us know if this is NORMAL.

Thanks Air... thats strange in my case looking at the inspire from the back, my right rear motor does not move... is this the same as yours?

Looking from the front motor #1 is left, motor #2 is right, motor #3 is back left and motor #4 is back right. #2 motor on the front is the only tight one. I think the editor is correct and this is normal. I will check with my friend in China who works for DJI technical services. In the past I have obtained accurate answers from Chang.

Looking from the front motor #1 is left, motor #2 is right, motor #3 is back left and motor #4 is back right. #2 motor on the front is the only tight one. I think the editor is correct and this is normal. I will check with my friend in China who works for DJI technical services. In the past I have obtained accurate answers from Chang.

Yes, my only solid motor is number 3....

I believe The Editor is a pretty knowledgeable and helpful guy here but I really would like to know whats technically going on since this "slack" raises a red flag in my preflight checks.

Air Miles did your motors move as much as mine?

The only thing keeping the bell housing attached to the stator is a shaft with a c-clip on the bottom of the motor. If the shaft is a slightly different length to the grove where the clip is, the bell will move up and down. As long as the bell housing can not be pulled off I wouldn't worry too much.

A tractor or ccw prop is of course always trying to pull the bell housing off, so I'd keep an eye on those motors.

Ben

After checking with DJI I was told that tolerances are close but a slight movement is normal. My phantom with Tiger motors also exhibit the same slight movement up and down.

After checking with DJI I was told that tolerances are close but a slight movement is normal. My phantom with Tiger motors also exhibit the same slight movement up and down.

Air, I am very grateful for this, so its normal then probably some shafts are longer than others, well that takes care of that, happy flying!

I don't think the shafts are longer I think it is the little brass clip washer that may give a little. I checked with Jesse at Atlanta Hobby and he said it was ok for a very little movement up and down. He said to check for noise and any horizontal movement. This should not move side to side and should be tight. If it is not tight there will be an eventual bearing problem.

Thanks for confirming. We need you approved vendors jumping in to give us information You see things on a larger scale than we do.
Thanks

No worries, I am glad to help. No one person knows all there is to know and the learning process never stops. I learn something each and every day. Just give me a shout if you need any help!
Thanks!
Ralph
FlyHighUSA

I don't think the shafts are longer I think it is the little brass clip washer that may give a little. I checked with Jesse at Atlanta Hobby and he said it was ok for a very little movement up and down. He said to check for noise and any horizontal movement. This should not move side to side and should be tight. If it is not tight there will be an eventual bearing problem.
Correct - as I said in my post above. Some very slight movement in the shaft is normal. Whether or not a thrust washer is fitted makes no difference since the force is applied to the underside of the lower bearing irrespective, with the upper bearing ensuring no lateral movement takes place. Basically, the only thing that keeps your Inspire airborne is one tiny e-clip on the bottom of each motor!

Reactions: FlyHighUSA

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cruzamikayla