Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

3D printed accessories

Basically, you manage the device by sending specific commends in text messages to the phone number assigned to it. The first command establishes a number from which further commands can be sent. If you send it a command to report its position, it will reply with a URL in the reply which takes you to a mapping site pinpointing its location. When you get near it, you can simply dial the number and it will ring. It is loud enough to hear within about 10 meters or so. It needs to be provisioned with Data & Voice service (so it will ring when you call it). I stuck mine on my existing AT&T Mobileshare plan for $10/month. It can be shut off at any time. It took a couple, of extra calls to AT&T for them to permanently disable the voicemail. It even has a speaker phone which can auto-answer, if you ever need audio from the bird.

AT&T has a similar device they would be happy to sell you, called an Amber Alert GPS Tracker. But roughly double the size and weight of the RF-16V. $100 plus a contract. But as near as I can tell, it operates exactly the same way as an RF-16V. Their intended market is using it keep track of your kids, stuffing it their school backpack or getting them to wear it.

The SIM was free from AT&T, and the rep that set me up with it, said there would be no activation fee. I will believe that when I don't see it. Cost was $40 from somebody on eBay, shipped free in US.

Can't find all the features of it as yet still trolling the inter web. Is it possible to send txt commands to make it beep etc or to send its gps location?

thank you SO VERY MUCH, Blade
I have mine just velcroed, using the industrial velcro, at the back and it's been working ok, but I need Blades bracket. I first mounted mine on boom but was concerned that a prop might hit it, youve probably mounted it out of the way of being under the props?

Enjoy life and be nice

Last edited:
I have mine just velcroed, using the industrial velcro, at the back and it's been working ok, but I need Blades bracket. I first mounted mine on boom but was concerned that a prop might hit it, youve probably mounted it out of the way of being under the props?

Enjoy life and be nice

Yeah, didn't want a chance for a blade strike;)

Reactions: Ascender
Just 3d Printed this battery box. Thanks for the file.. :)

Attachments

• IMG_3038.JPG
    IMG_3038.JPG
    113.2 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG_3037.JPG
    IMG_3037.JPG
    107.5 KB · Views: 78

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members