Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

3DR Solo app released to App Store

The only thing I want from that thing is it's flight modes. Fisheye camera with restricted view (legs in the way), no independent gimbal operator capability (ok it's called "solo" so I guess that's par for the course), small platform etc. No thanks.

But those flight modes.....

Maybe this is their Phantom targeted drone and they'll come out with a "Duo" to compete with the Inspire next with a 4K MFT camera mount, raised landing gear, two operator gimbal AND all the flight mode goodies.

Hey, maybe they'll even BEAT DJI to market with their Inspire targeted "Duo" drone and make those flight modes available on a decent 2-operator platform before DJI gets them to Inspire owners!

The only thing I want from that thing is it's flight modes. Fisheye camera with restricted view (legs in the way), no independent gimbal operator capability (ok it's called "solo" so I guess that's par for the course), small platform etc. No thanks.

But those flight modes.....

Maybe this is their Phantom targeted drone and they'll come out with a "Duo" to compete with the Inspire next with a 4K MFT camera mount, raised landing gear, two operator gimbal AND all the flight mode goodies.

Hey, maybe they'll even BEAT DJI to market with their Inspire targeted "Duo" drone and make those flight modes available on a decent 2-operator platform before DJI gets them to Inspire owners!
They also come with "Foot Landing Mode" which is unique to the Solo but might be introduced on the 'Duo' at a later date .

I have one preordered. Expecting a shipping notification from dslrpros any day now. I sold my Phantom 2 when the Solo was announced, and decided to give 3DR a shot for a more portable solution rather than the Phantom 3. I've yet to find a way to easily lug the Inspire around for a hike, and the Solo/backpack combo looks compact and easy to carry. I don't expect it to replace the Inspire, but if the flight modes live up to the excellent marketing videos 3DR released I can definitely find uses for it. Might be a bad decision, but I'm looking forward to trying out a completely new platform.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GRQLarae44