Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

3rd Party App and DJI Go Warning

Reaction score
I think this warrants posting here as well

It's worth having a read of the below thread on DJI forum but the quick version of this is

DO NOT have DJI Go open with a 3rd party app or vice versa

Basically a person had a craft (P3)fall out the sky, the logs showed a CSC event and the pilot was blamed, after some fantastic analysis by a user it seems that the pilot had left DJI-Go open with Litchi, he took off on a mission with a fairly low battery, a short time into the flight the low battery level triggered low battery RTH in DJI go that was still running in the back ground, Litchi tried to fight this to keep the craft on the mission and managed to perform a CSC in trying to do so.

There is also a lot of noise around this to wade through as the pilot got banned a few times i believe as well but look for post 41 on the first link

DJI Forum|Last 2 min of Flying'Bryan flight

Just a warning

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
This will probably start a 47 page thread going :p and no doubt reignite the 'CSC is dangerous and will cause death to all children and fluffy animals and should be banned' arguments but.......
The fact is, no RC flyer in their right mind would take off/start a flight with circa 20% battery - it's basically suicide.
This can be fixed very easily (and I'm sure will now) simply by limiting the stick throw under SDK to 99% in any axis.
Let the debate begin...............

This will probably start a 47 page thread going :p and no doubt reignite the 'CSC is dangerous and will cause death to all children and fluffy animals and should be banned' arguments but.......
The fact is, no RC flyer in their right mind would take off/start a flight with circa 20% battery - it's basically suicide.
This can be fixed very easily (and I'm sure will now) simply by limiting the stick throw under SDK to 99% in any axis.

In the meantime it may in good form to place the OP as a sticky to all using 3rd party apps in conjunction with DJI Go as a preventative measure, or until such a fix has acctually been accomplished. : )

The blanket recommendation is to close DJIGo before opening a third-party app anyway. User error for the guy being discussed, and stupid that a third-party app could issue CSC commands.

Can't agree more, his biggest mistake is the take off battery level but it's a very simple thing to miss leaving the Go App open and I have done it my self by mistake TBH.

As you say they should put a safety in place fairly easily.

A crazy thing to happen though.

Last edited:

Dear Editor (excuse leaving the "The" behind now :))
may i say that the humor you have is uniqe and plain English and is absolutly fantastic.

+1 on what you said :)
cheers
you have to be born with the english sarcasm and humor having it in your blood. no way to learn that. :p

may i say that the humor you have is uniqe and plain English and is absolutly fantastic.

cheers
you have to be born with the english sarcasm and humor having it in your blood. no way to learn that. :p
Hey Martin,
Yes, I can be sarcastic sometimes (well most of the time really). I think people are fairly used to my humour now. :p

Hey Martin,
Yes, I can be sarcastic sometimes (well most of the time really). I think people are fairly used to my humour now. :p
i have a really good friend in wales and she always killed me. you guys have that born humor and I personally LOVE it :)
london accent is overkill for me as welsh is as i do not speak or understand it. the wenglish welsh speaking english) is absolutely fantastic as in pro ouncation like a simple "noooooo you caaan't dooo that" all pronounced longer... just love it.

i learned english in my childhood fortunately at an age that made me keep it as a kind of mother tounge skill in both reading and writing but still learn.

the forum also helps a lot in keeping my mind going and practice :)

Reactions: The Editor

cheers

You have to have a sense of humour to live in England [emoji12]

You will find us Welsh also have a great sense of humour

Our jokes about the English are the best there are [emoji6]

I can still ban you you know!

Well I'm already banned from certain FB groups for saying what I think so it's inevitable it seems.

I also apologise for the OT folks.

Keep those birds flying home and be careful of the app, hopefully when the 3rd party ones get more of the controls you may not need to open go at all.

Especially camera settings that's the area that bugs me.

cheers
Phatzo, you took those from my mind, got a large range of humor black & white, special to find both in one person, love it too

I noticed recently while trying Pix4d capture in the android, DJI GO does leave something running in the background, probably has to do with social media crap task. Anyway, pix4d app warned me and I have to force stop DJI GO before launching the app.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defenderschool