Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

45mm twitch

Reaction score
Hi,

I purchased the 45mm lens for the X5r a few months ago and all has been well.
The last few days there is a very slight but annoying hunting left and right in the pan axis when on the osmo or inspire... and it wasn't there before. I have calibrated the gimbal but it is still there.

Do you guys have any suggestions for trouble shooting? I mean the footage is usable with a bit of stabilisation, but id prefer it not to be there like before.

I have recently acquired a 45mm lens for my X5 and it tends to do the same. The standard 15mm lens is very steady.

From what I've discovered on the various forums it seems that it may be down to ensuring that the gimbal is perfectly balanced with the lens mounted.

Mine is back heavy (lens tips up) at the moment but I'm waiting for some filters to arrive, so once I have those I'll fit them and balance up the gimbal to see if it makes any difference.

Did your problem coincide with any firmware / Go App updates?

Lens is perfectly balanced. I cast a correctly weighted iron step up ring to attach my 15mm lens filters to the 45mm.

It hasn't coincided with any firmware updates and I have tried reinstalling them.

Last week I had the osmo on the table filming my girlfriend and there was no left/right movement with the 45mm. Now there is a fair amount. It can be seen on the 15mm also, just not as obvious.
I probably wouldn't have noticed it in the 15mm, but it certainly wasn't there before. The 15mm I used to be able to sit on a table and it just wouldn't move at all except for the standard slight, smooth hunting here and there. This is more of a back and forth slight steady shake, whilst doing the normal hunting

Sent from my iPhone using InspirePilots

Okay that's somewhat perplexing then if nothing's changed and it's suddenly started doing it.

I also think somebody suggested turning off the 'Enable Synchronized Gimbal Pan Follow' under Gimbal settings/ Advanced settings. Maybe worth a try.

Yep. Tried it. No difference.

I've spoken to my dealer who's ordering a new one in from DJI for me, which is nice of them, so that I don't have to deal with dji service.

However, I need this for a filming week in Iceland in March. I hope DJI ship it in time!!

I'll post some examples in a second

Here is an example of the issue. This is with camera sat perfectly stationary with the 45mm.
The movement is in the pan axis.

This is another shot from last week. Also sat on a table, stationary. Still movement but nothing like the other video

Last edited:
I have never actually balanced mine as i was told the olympus 45mm with the standard balance ring or any of the polar pro filters for the x5 was plug and play . Is the gimbal supposed to sit level on both axis when powered off? Or are we talking when on here?

Thanks
Mick

I have never actually balanced mine as i was told the olympus 45mm with the standard balance ring or any of the polar pro filters for the x5 was plug and play . Is the gimbal supposed to sit level on both axis when powered off? Or are we talking when on here?

Thanks
Mick

Gimbal should sit in any position you leave it in when not powered on. If you tilt it down, it should stay where you left it. Tilt it up, it should stay. Same with roll and pan.
The X5R (not sure about the X5) always leans to the right on the roll axis (when viewed from behind) as standard. Doesn't seem to affect it in any way, but I like to balance it anyway as it's then less stress on the motors and less power/delay for corrections.

Reactions: giumick

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LewisuhaAbips