Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

4K Monitor

LG BH7540 connected via optical to the PC.

And the TV perfectly takes the 4K/60fps, I have 2 GTX970s (which have HDMI2.0 ports) in my PC.

No solution on Mac nowadays indeed though.

man! thats a nice setup, i just jumped into getting a 4K monitor as i though quality would be better, but if you can output 60fps to that, its a winner!

If I bring the bedroom's UA40HU7000 (also 4K/HDMI2) around and connect it to the 2nd card I can even get 2 4K displays together :D

Problem is the main one is so big there's just no way to put the 2nd one so it's actually possible to look at it... :p
I can take it if I need to carry the PC around though, more "portable".

what did you pay for unit?
The TV? Going price where I am, not in the USA so you're better off just checking prices online than me giving you crappy info because of exchange rates etc...

If I bring the bedroom's UA40HU7000 (also 4K/HDMI2) around and connect it to the 2nd card I can even get 2 4K displays together :D

Problem is the main one is so big there's just no way to put the 2nd one so it's actually possible to look at it... :p
I can take it if I need to carry the PC around though, more "portable".

The TV? Going price where I am, not in the USA so you're better off just checking prices online than me giving you crappy info because of exchange rates etc...

that is one of the reasons i got 28" monitor, a lot of my customers want to see the 4k and i wanted something i could cart about

Mac Pro early 2008
2 x 30inch Cinema Display
2 x 2,8 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon
ATI Radeon HD 5770 1024 MB
24GB Ram
SSD Raid 1TB
2 x 8TB Raid5
(1 mini magnetic led button from last christmas because everyone needs a blinking button)

Reactions: Harry Nicholson
Another way to look at it: 4K is alot more data to store on the raids. It you do editing with up to 10 layers of video
this will become a real problem. IO needs alot bandwidth and if you want to keep the material for future editing
the hdd wil fill up fast. Rendering in 1080p is quicker as well. And finally i am a camera operator and know my framing. (its not always perfect but good enough most of the time)

ps. i dont want to switch to 4k yet which means i have to change my suite this year. Because i have a few long term projects which needs to be closed
first. (never change a running system)

Another way to look at it: 4K is alot more data to store on the raids. It you do editing with up to 10 layers of video
this will become a real problem. IO needs alot bandwidth and if you want to keep the material for future editing
the hdd wil fill up fast. Rendering in 1080p is quicker as well. And finally i am a camera operator and know my framing. (its not always perfect but good enough most of the time)

ps. i dont want to switch to 4k yet which means i have to change my suite this year. Because i have a few long term projects which needs to be closed
first. (never change a running system)

Also 99% of clients have no idea or a need for 4k delivery in any case.

5K iMac tricked out.... It's pretty darn fast. Using FCPX.

Upgrades Include:
4 GHz Intel Core 7 Processor
16 GB SDRAM
3 TB Fusion Drive
AMD Radeon R9 4 GB GDDRS Graphics Card

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EarthmovingAdelaide