Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

4K Video on a Mac - what are you using?

We edit in 4K all the time using FCPX via Black Magic Studio which feeds a 4K LG monitor. The wonderful thing with FCPX is it creates HD Proxies for you to work in on import if required. That way you can scroll around the timeline effortlessly for the bulk of your edit work in proxy mode - then view the 4k filed for preview and export at the click of a mouse button!

That's cool, never knew it did that. Will have to try it, thanks!

EDIT: Got my Inspire yesterday. Updated everything to the new firmware, calibrated IMU and compass and just ran both batteries to 10%. Boy, what an amazing piece of kit. Loving it!

Reactions: Picturemaker
Hi Guys

I see this thread has been quiet for a long time now but im looking for some advice when it comes to upgrading my system. I shoot everything on my I1 in 4k and then my final outputs are in 1080. Ive heard some people say that cant see much difference when doing this but personally I always think the downscaled 4k seems lots clearer.

Anyway, at the moment my workflow involves creating proxies to edit from then reconnecting to the source 4k files before rendering projects out. Render times are pretty long with any of the 4k footage and export times too. Here is what my Mac Pro is running, I am presuming my bottleneck in performance is from my graphics card which I have always planned to update but just havent got round to. Any suggestions on graphics cards to look at?

Thanks

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-08-19 at 15.43.51.png
    Screen Shot 2016-08-19 at 15.43.51.png
    37.6 KB · Views: 6

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alecia4669