Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

<50% batt life to 3% instantly experiment

Status
Not open for further replies.
well i guess if you can explain everything away with "bad luck" rock n roll. ignorance is bliss i always say. sure hope i don't see either of you guys posting on here saying a crash isn't the pilots fault EVER. if either of you two crash your inspires for any reason then you caused it, not the battery, not the software, not mechanical failure, 100% you.

well i guess if you can explain everything away with "bad luck" rock n roll. ignorance is bliss i always say. sure hope i don't see either of you guys posting on here saying a crash isn't the pilots fault EVER. if either of you two crash your inspires for any reason then you caused it, not the battery, not the software, not mechanical failure, 100% you.

i have explained in a couple of post already how it works, its no secret nor black magic this are LiPo batteries, the reasons and voltages / mah used are explained in a lot of places now days, the only thing special about the inspire battery is the build balancer and memory but they work the same all other bats do.

Agreed - Except flying the platform on totally different battery chemistry.

This is just the nature of Lipo batteries and every RC flying thing I have ever put in the air has had a low voltage cut off in the esc's. Once you hit that it's buy buy multirotor (Helis you can auto-gyrate and fixed wing glide but a multi becomes an ungraceful brick at that point!).

OK - I don't know about anybody else but I'm getting dizzy here - going round in circles.

Since you mentioned helis, look how interesting this quad with collective control, gliding with power off (7:23), also rock solid stability without GPS, etc:

Since you mentioned helis, look how interesting this quad with collective control, gliding with power off (7:23), also rock solid stability without GPS, etc:

Yeah, I have seen that video before. Youngblood is an unbelievable 3d heli pilot and has been instrumental in designing some of the best heli gyros out there.
He's a cool dude. :cool:

if either of you two crash your inspires for any reason then you caused it, not the battery, not the software, not mechanical failure, 100% you.
You still refuse to understand that we all say the sudden drop to 3% IS a battery failure. Just not one that is due to the measurement circuit nor safety systems that you hate.

If these seconds are what it takes to prevent you from crashing your bird it's nobody's fault but yours for having pushed that far past all reasonable safety margins, and whether thresholds are "defined" as where the bird falls at 0%, 3%, or 10% changes nothing, you simply need to know what that point is and never ever get any close to it.

i'm sorry what?

Again NOT considering the sudden drop scenario. The sudden drop is precisely the "bad luck" situation because of a fault.

Again NOT considering the sudden drop scenario. The sudden drop is precisely the "bad luck" situation because of a fault.

lol what? let me get this strait. it's a pilots fault they have bad luck? haha yeah were done here, anyone else wanna take a shot? anyone?

No, why do you always twist everything others say??
It's the pilot's fault if they get any close to 10% IN NORMAL CIRCUMSTANCES.
If the battery falls down unexpectedly it's of course not their fault, they of course can't do anything about it, i.e. it's bad luck. Any battery can do that, safety electronics or not. It's the real world, things are not perfect and they can fail.

Reactions: sirnikolas
No, why do you always twist everything others say??
It's the pilot's fault if they get any close to 10% IN NORMAL CIRCUMSTANCES.
If the battery falls down unexpectedly it's of course not their fault, they of course can't do anything about it, i.e. it's bad luck. Any battery can do that, safety electronics or not. It's the real world, things are not perfect and they can fail.

only took 5 pages for him to come around and double back on his own words be he's getting there.

so kilrah... if we all know a battery can drop suddenly in voltage, dji knows it can drop below the auto land sequence and reek havoc. why not just remove it or lower it to .000000001% battery life before auto landing takes over locking out the pilot? if it's not there and the system freaks out (as people have reported) goes from 95% to 2% it wont turn off will it? no, it will keep flying normally and if the pilot is paying attention will land asap saving the crash. it's so simple, its better for everyone, more margin for error for both the pilot and the flight software to make mistakes and let the human take over and handle it.

honesty still not one person has come up with a good argument why this is a bad idea. i can toot my own horn all day on this topic.

lets pretend the inspire is a Boeing 777 airliner fully loaded with people and the fuel gauges all suddenly go from 70% to 2% instantly 20 minuets after takeoff. should the flight system shut down all the engines?lock the pilot, co pilot or flight engineer from all control of the aircraft and write it's self off right then and there? you tell me. hell watch 2001 space odyssey.

ask chesley burnett who landed us airways flight 1549 in the Hudson river. did the auto pilot do that? nope, human intervention is usually the best course of action, not computer lock out.

lets pretend the inspire is a Boeing 777 airliner fully loaded with people and the fuel gauges all suddenly go from 70% to 2% instantly 20 minuets after takeoff. should the flight system shut down all the engines?lock the pilot, co pilot or flight engineer from all control of the aircraft and write it's self off right then and there?
Again you DID NOT understand how the inspire works and you insist in describing a situation that just doesn't happen the way you think.

As I and others have mentioned multiple times in this thread when the battery falls from 70% to 2% the Inspire DOES NOT SHUT DOWN THE ENGINES, it just triggers autoland. An autoland the pilot can fight against if needed (but he'd better not insist too long). That's the best way to make sure the aircraft is back down on earth ASAP (just notifying the pilot and waiting for his response would take longer).

The only shutdown happens when the battery is dead for good, and there's no way out anyway in this case.

Again you DID NOT understand how the inspire works and you insist in describing a situation that just doesn't happen the way you think.

As I and others have mentioned multiple times in this thread when the battery falls from 70% to 2% the Inspire DOES NOT SHUT DOWN THE ENGINES, it just triggers autoland. An autoland the pilot can fight against if needed (but he'd better not insist too long). That's the best way to make sure the aircraft is back down on earth ASAP (just notifying the pilot and waiting for his response would take longer).

The only shutdown happens when the battery is dead for good, and there's no way out anyway in this case.

also at 3% battery i hardly doubt there will be enough power left for the engines to maintain the aircraft in the air taking into account that at 100% the voltage is around 25.2V and at 3% it should be around 18V the amount of lift lost because of voltage drop may be enough to get the inspire falling with no control.

that has nothing to do with the flight controller warning levels (the naza, the a2 and the wkm have them too) it has to do with thew battery physics learn how a lipo battery works. it has nothing to do with the inspire.

I flew the Inspire yesterday afternoon. I decided to use a battery at 60%, shortly got a critically low voltage error, and it dropped fast. Details in the video:

what was that? if the battery voltage reading was correct then he should had never been able to record this because there wasn't enough power. this is to funny, according to kilrah this never happens

Last edited:
wow, there is denial and then there is DENIAL. what reality do you two exist in?

wow, there is denial and then there is DENIAL. what reality do you two exist in?
that video is showing a % there is no voltage reading at all there.

show voltage on main screen is a must
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1433858850.185881.jpg

this shows and average voltage per cell
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1433858863.791013.jpg

DO NOT TRUST A PERCENTAGE! that is calculated there is no software way to accurately show you a lipo capacity percentage if you do not start at 100%

it may not be a 777 but you need to understand basics to avoid issues.

Last edited:
just stick with kilrah and the editor, it's all just bad luck to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DinaRqz379