Welcome to InspirePilots.com

Join the leading DJI Inspire community for free!

50 hr service? ??

Discussion in 'Inspire 1 Discussion' started by turbodronepilot, Jan 15, 2015.

1. turbodronepilot

Hey guys..does anyone know about the 50 hr service that requires you to send your inspire1 back to the factory ?? Whats the cost and time frame ?? What services do the need to perform? ?

2. IrishSights

I think about a million posts ago on rcgroups it was reported that it had been removed from the manual and replaced with a user maintanence suggestion. Actual owners I am sure will comment more authoritatively.

3. PhantomKid

. . . mind you with props flying off, duff batteries and IMU issues (hopefully fixed now) I don't suppose many of us would get to 50 hours anyway . . .

4. BaldEagle

Could this be the beginning of an entire new model of UAV sales/service? That there may be "service centers" and that, to stay flying, we would have to service the aircraft regularly to stay flying. From a manufacturer's point of view, I can see it as a way of trying to address liability. With all flight data being uploaded to the cloud without the pilot involved and the ability to lock down the aircraft if particular firmware is not uploaded, it seems strategic - thinking ahead. Which may be good to keep the skies safe.

Just thinking out loud.

5. RCMunde

Every obstacle can be a business opportunity...

6. mede8er

It's already a business model in the automotive industry....marginalize the retail aspect and bank on the service revenue....