Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

8 MILE RUN | Inspire 1 (4 Miles each way)

Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
It's incredible how far our technology has come. Not too long ago we were pushing the original Phantom's to their limit by using every imaginable combination of batteries, antennas, Tx/Rx just to get out a mile. Now using the same technology we are able to cover insane distances by wringing out every last bit of juice out of the 2.4ghz band.

Attempted my longest stock distance run the other day using one of our bone stock Inspires equipped with ONLY a parabolic antenna reflector. No actual modification was done to the craft, remote or antennas, just a slip-on 3D printed antenna reflector.

I was able to reach 4 miles with 82% signal strength at an average height of around 250-300 feet. You can watch the video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xEjmrzbewuI

We'll be doing a one-way distance test this week over the Everglades to see true range, we might live stream the flight if enough people want to check it out.

Nice flight - fancy a 7 mile each way - over 14 miles round trip.. started with bone stock but got addicted to the adrenaline rush of flying back with 3% battery
That's Absolutely incredible! !
first time I did a ldf and landed with 8% my arms were flowing with electricity like you stuck some leads directly in my viens...hahha...
Big time adrenaline rush! !
I love it man...

Reactions: crashburn and Mohan
first time I did a ldf and landed with 8% my arms were flowing with electricity like you stuck some leads directly in my viens...hahha...
I love it man...

After a 24-25 minute flight I usually need to sit down for 5 to simply reflect on the 'trauma'...

Reactions: turbodronepilot
I love it man...

HAHAHAHA I can relate! Who needs cocaine am I right guys?? *Crickets*

Nice flight - fancy a 7 mile each way - over 14 miles round trip.. started with bone stock but got addicted to the adrenaline rush of flying back with 3% battery
Gee Mohan how exciting for you...you are such a dare devil.. going up hundreds of feet and seeing how far you can go and come back with little or no battery left... thats about as exciting as watching grass grow... not to mention it is totally illegal and dangerous...

Last edited:
Reactions: DennisR
I was just to panama and I took my stock inspire1 (roundtrip) 6 miles. I had solid reception with my headplays and could have went further. Only thing that worried me was birds...

What firmware were you using for a flight like that? I downgraded back to v1.8 where I used to fly over 2 to miles away with no problems. Now, it seems I can't got further than 1/2 mile before I lose video signal. Anyone having the same problem?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nickolas74