Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

A few questions from a new owner

Reaction score
Thank you all so much first and foremost. Any help be it criticism or just kind help is much appreciated.

1) I was getting some weak signal issues on my first flight ever with the inspire 1 v2, should I remove the stickers on the legs where it says "do not cover, antenna inside"? I had the antennas on the RC facing straight up in the correct position.

2) I got the inspire Monday, I charged the controller and the 2 brand new batteries Tuesday. I removed them within 1 minute of the green lights going off (fully charged). I noticed today that there is the slightest bubble, at the bottom of both batteries. Ever so slight but it's there and I didn't store them anywhere but inside the case inside my air conditioned home. Is his normal or did I charge too long and wait too many days to fly with them? They're now showing one green light, should I discharge them more if I'm not flying for more than 48 hrs?

3) my controller says it needs updating, my battery says it needs updating, and the bird itself says it's firmware needs updating.
Could that be the solvent of all my issues?

4) I was having video feed issues when the batteries were showing 25% to 30% life left, can't be normal?

Thank you all so much for helping an inspire newbie out...I had a mavic pro for months on end and used it for a few different applications. I figured it out slowly but it was also about $1500 cheaper than this set up and I'm a nervous wreck lol trying to learn this one with jobs coming up already!

First, welcome to the big league!!
1) Leave stickers on.
2) All Inspire batteries have a slight bulge on the bottom. Normal.
3) Everything needs updated, but I would hold off, as there are horror stories of the new FW update bugs.
4) Video issues likely due to processor backlogged in monitor. I used an Ipad mini 2 for 1 1/2 years that is no longer 'up to it' since last FW update. (My suspicious nature questions if this is to stimulate crystal sky sales........) What monitor do you use? Are all other apps shut down?

Reactions: zpdana24
Video freezes and delays for about 3 seconds. I have tried everything, re loading go app, no other apps running in background, hardware decode on / off = no difference. I read somewhere that a late FW update has complicated the video transmission making processor lag.

Thank y'all for the super quick responses!

I am using an iPad mini 2...dang...never ending "upgrades"...I very suspicious too of the crystal sky stuff. I hate to hear about the FW update having horror stories...I'll be so nervous every time I fly the thing...I'll try and focus on getting good footage, somehow while being beyond cautious and watching individual cell voltage.

Video freezes and delays for about 3 seconds. I have tried everything, re loading go app, no other apps running in background, hardware decode on / off = no difference. I read somewhere that a late FW update has complicated the video transmission making processor lag.
What camera are you using.

I think I just found the answer.
I deleted everything in the Ipad. Pictures, emails, recycle bin. All of it.
Not it works great. Hardly any latency at all. Just like it used to be.
BTW, I have both the X3 and Z3 cameras. Both acted the same. It was obviously a problem in the Ipad. Too much junk in the trunk!

Reactions: zpdana24
I think I just found the answer.
I deleted everything in the Ipad. Pictures, emails, recycle bin. All of it.
Not it works great. Hardly any latency at all. Just like it used to be.
BTW, I have both the X3 and Z3 cameras. Both acted the same. It was obviously a problem in the Ipad. Too much junk in the trunk!

Hmm....I sure hope that's my issue but I barely have anything on my iPad mini 2 as it's solely for use with the Inspire. Mine is a 64gb. What's yours? I'm still going to clean mine up the best I can.

Mine is only a 16gb no cellular. I didn't think I had much in it, a few emails and pictures. But cleaning them out made it work again.
Maybe 40 emails and 120 pictures. I guess it all adds up, especially when you only have 16gb memory.

I have cleared out my 64gb iPad mini 2, I will be flying tomorrow having not updated the bird nor the camera, but I did update the RC. I'll let everyone know how it went.

Used the osmo today with my x3 and the ND and got done beautiful footage. Just practicing for now. Learning how to use it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DinaRqz379