Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

About to buy iPhone 7 Plus

Reaction score
So I bought an iPad mini 2 under the pretense dji said it was compatible. It's not. Thanks dji.
I can't afford another iPad right now (too stubborn due to false advertising by dji) so I'm going to purchase an iPhone 7 plus.

What are yalls thoughts?

I will be using it on my osmo handle with the x3 off of the Inspire 1 v2.

Anyone have good experience with either using the 7 plus? My iPad mini 2 glitches ridiculously. A friends iPhone 7 doesn't. So I'll opt for the 7 plus with a bigger screen.

Thoughts? Thanks everybody!

Does the iPad 5th gen with an A9 processor work flawlessly with the Inspire 1 v2? Anyone using it?

I was having problems with image transmission signal errors on my Inspire 1 with the iPad 2 that had always worked perfectly..
What cured it for me was rolling back the software on the controller to Firmware Version 1.6 and rolling back the aircraft to Firmware Version 01.09.01.30
It is worth a try before you splash out on another iPad.

Reactions: zpdana24
I have the newest IPAD that was released 2 or 3 months ago ,wifi only ( not the PRO), and use it with Inspire 1 Pro and have had no problems with it. All updates are current .

Last edited:
Reactions: zpdana24
I have the newest IPAD that was released 2 or 3 months ago ,wifi only ( not the PRO), and use it with Inspire 1 Pro and have had no problems with it. All updates are current .
Yes, your new iPad uses a more powerful processor which the current firmware requires, my older iPad won't work on the latest firmware and perhaps that is why we are allowed to roll back one version on the aircraft and 2 versions on the RC

I use my Iphone 7 plus for my osmo and for the primary controller for my inspire. I think it's the perfect size for the osmo and it works well enough for the inspire. It's just at the max range for the osmo's phone holder though so if you plan on getting a big phone case it may not fit.

i use an iphone 7 plus with go4 and other mapping apps. works good. can anyone point me in the right direction for a battery case that will charge while plugged into the remote?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defenderschool