Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

About to order an Inspire 1 v2.0

Reaction score
Hello All,

Not new to drones, I was (am) still a member of phantompilots and have been borrowing a friends P3P for some time and really impressed.

My company has paid for me to do a Pilots' course here in the UK (RPQ-s) with the ground school starting in December, so I can maybe do some part time paid aerial work, supplementing my normal IT career.

I was going to buy a standard I1 then last week DJI launched the V2.0

It looks to me its worth the extra, not just for the motors, but looks like it can handle the X5 better with that anti vibration cradle on the bottom.

Any thoughts,

thanks.

Nick

It looks to me its worth the extra, not just for the motors, but looks like it can handle the X5 better with that anti vibration cradle on the bottom.
It's just missing the landing gear risers. Per DJI's tips list below the I1 V2.0 description, it looks like they are going to be available for purchase at some point.

Reactions: RockLobster
Hello All,

Not new to drones, I was (am) still a member of phantompilots and have been borrowing a friends P3P for some time and really impressed.

My company has paid for me to do a Pilots' course here in the UK (RPQ-s) with the ground school starting in December, so I can maybe do some part time paid aerial work, supplementing my normal IT career.

I was going to buy a standard I1 then last week DJI launched the V2.0

Any thoughts,

thanks.

Nick
Hi Nick

Welcome to the Inspirepilots forum and good luck on your RPQs ground school with Resource Group.

There are 2 current versions of the I1 - the Pro and the v2. As far as I can see they are the same mechanically except the former has the X5 camera you mention. However, DJI has a habit of not meeting delivery dates so the I1 Pro may be the surer bet.

I have added the X5 to my original I1 and am happy with the results I am seeing. I have not been able to test it fully due to the poor weather here in Scotland since I got it.

Our dealer got the V2 I1's at the same time as the I1 Pro. No more "old" I1's available.

Hi Nick

Welcome to the Inspirepilots forum and good luck on your RPQs ground school with Resource Group.

There are 2 current versions of the I1 - the Pro and the v2. As far as I can see they are the same mechanically except the former has the X5 camera you mention. However, DJI has a habit of not meeting delivery dates so the I1 Pro may be the surer bet.

I have added the X5 to my original I1 and am happy with the results I am seeing. I have not been able to test it fully due to the poor weather here in Scotland since I got it.
Thanks for the info.

Yes, I did look at the X5 version but is really out of my price range for the moment. I did notice on the DJI website that the V2 is 7-10 business days for delivery.

Saying that I will be at the drone show at the NEC next month, so will hold off a purchase until I see it first hand, however to me the I1 is the way to go...it also just looks so good!

Nick

Good observation as the V2 does have a better anti vibration gimble bracket and the upgraded motors are a plus when carrying the new x5 camera. One thing to consider when deciding whether to buy the x5 camera as opposed to the x3 is that you lose a minimal of 2.75 minutes of flight time by carrying the x5 camera (this was confirmed by DJI). By the way DJI will have a new zoom version camera for the I1v2 next year. I decided to get the x3 camera which is all I need at this point and will wait for the Camera upgrade next year as not to waste money and jump at the x5 now. All of this information is from DJI as I have researched this well by talking to DJI. I have a good friend in China who helps me get the scoop about DJI products, releases etc. I knew about the I1v2 in October.
Thanks for the info. I think like you I will buy the v2 (with X3) and wait till next year, interesting to see this new zoom camera.

Better dont buy one. My 4th Inspire and all 4 have a tilted horizon. This is the V2, brand new.

And yes latest firmware. And yes all calibrated.

image.jpeg

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jammartin