Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

About Update firmware

Reaction score
Ok....first i would like to Thanks, because this Forum is Excellent!
I Bought Inspire 1 there is 1 week and i'f afraid to update. My friend did and just occurred this
"ESC status error.(hardware defect)"
I have some questions!
1.It's required format sd card and pendrive every time I update?

2. When i buy a new SD card or Pendrive, i need format it first?

3. I can fly without making update or is required do it?

4. I need update my 2 batterys or just one is required?

5.I need calibration compass always i do update?

Last edited:
I Bought Inspire 1 there is 1 week and i'f afraid to update.
I have some questions!

Hi John, welcome to the forum.

To answer your questions:

1. There is no need to format your MicroSD card as long as you only have one copy of the Firmware .bin file in the root directory. If you do want to format it, use the aircraft to format it to avoid problems.

2. You need to format all new cards.

3. The aircraft should come with the Firmware already installed. Make sure you are happy flying it first. This week DJI will be issuing the latest update, I would advise waiting before updating until this is available. Also make sure that any Apple devices you plan to use have auto update of Apps turned off.

Enjoy flying your new aircraft.

Reactions: John Snow Zombie
Hi John, welcome to the forum.

To answer your questions:

1. There is no need to format your MicroSD card as long as you only have one copy of the Firmware .bin file in the root directory. If you do want to format it, use the aircraft to format it to avoid problems.

2. You need to format all new cards.

3. The aircraft should come with the Firmware already installed. Make sure you are happy flying it first. This week DJI will be issuing the latest update, I would advise waiting before updating until this is available. Also make sure that any Apple devices you plan to use have auto update of Apps turned off.

Enjoy flying your new aircraft.
Thank so much for reply! there are so many doubts!! Lol.

3) Firmware updates are always optional. It's a good idea to install them after they are known to be stable. While DJI does list the major changes in the release notes on their download page, the updates might also contain other undocumented minor fixes or tweaks. If you upgrade to the latest firmware and don't like it, you have the option to downgrade to a previous firmware release.

4) After installing new firmware on your Inspire 1, you'll also want to install the same firmware on all of your batteries. The firmware will be installed on the battery that is in your Inspire 1 when you install the firmware on your Inspire 1. For your other batteries, keep the firmware on your memory card, insert each battery, and power on your Inspire 1. The firmware will be installed when your Inspire 1 powers up.

5) After firmware updates, I always calibrate the IMU, gimbal, remote controller, and compass. I also double-check all of my settings within the DJI GO app. I think it's better to not assume the firmware update did not inadvertently reset something.

I Bought Inspire 1 there is 1 week and i'f afraid to update. My friend did and just occurred this
"ESC status error.(hardware defect)"
I have some questions!

4. I need update my 2 batterys or just one is required?

5.I need calibration compass always i do update?
I thought I had missed some of your questions but you edited at the same time I was replying. However, I see @msinger has answered the extras. The only addition I would make is that some updates are mandatory but the last of those was issued in April/May.

I thought I had missed some of your questions but you edited at the same time I was replying. However, I see @msinger has answered the extras. The only addition I would make is that some updates are mandatory but the last of those was issued in April/May.
Hello Scotflieger! I really was editing when you reply me! Thank you so much and have a nice week!! You clarified my doubts

Last edited:
3) Firmware updates are always optional. It's a good idea to install them after they are known to be stable. While DJI does list the major changes in the release notes on their download page, the updates might also contain other undocumented minor fixes or tweaks. If you upgrade to the latest firmware and don't like it, you have the option to downgrade to a previous firmware release.

4) After installing new firmware on your Inspire 1, you'll also want to install the same firmware on all of your batteries. The firmware will be installed on the battery that is in your Inspire 1 when you install the firmware on your Inspire 1. For your other batteries, keep the firmware on your memory card, insert each battery, and power on your Inspire 1. The firmware will be installed when your Inspire 1 powers up.

5) After firmware updates, I always calibrate the IMU, gimbal, remote controller, and compass. I also double-check all of my settings within the DJI GO app. I think it's better to not assume the firmware update did not inadvertently reset something.

Thank you

Thank you Msinger! Your informations helped me a lot! Have a nice week!!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomasovinido