Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

activation service error ?

Reaction score
having problems activating a new inspire 1. keep getting activation service error. activation failed with a small email is incorrect on the lower left side. never had this issue with my p3p or first inspire, tried a different email & multiple times-days , no luck. I can,t get past this screen to check firmware version or format card and I,m running the old pilot app on an iPhone 6plus on wifi or cell so connectivity isn,t an issue. I have a new ipad mini that will get the new app on it,s way but before waiting for it to arrive only to find the new app does the same I,m looking for a solution. both my first inspire & p3p work great so I,m not looking to update the app on my current device. could old firmware on the new inspire cause me activation greif? I usually fly a new unit before I make any changes so I,m not wanting to upgrade the firmware which could well be current. any advice appreciated...thanks..rob m

having problems activating a new inspire 1. keep getting activation service error. activation failed with a small email is incorrect on the lower left side. never had this issue with my p3p or first inspire, tried a different email & multiple times-days , no luck. I can,t get past this screen to check firmware version or format card and I,m running the old pilot app on an iPhone 6plus on wifi or cell so connectivity isn,t an issue. I have a new ipad mini that will get the new app on it,s way but before waiting for it to arrive only to find the new app does the same I,m looking for a solution. both my first inspire & p3p work great so I,m not looking to update the app on my current device. could old firmware on the new inspire cause me activation greif? I usually fly a new unit before I make any changes so I,m not wanting to upgrade the firmware which could well be current. any advice appreciated...thanks..rob m

Hi, I am having the same problem. Back story. I have had my inspire 1 for over a year. I was practicing at home about a month ago. I was doing a fast pull away shot. A verbal warning said "your approaching the boundary area" or whatever message that indicates that you are about to hit the edge of the pre prescribed area that you can fly. I looked up at that moment and saw the inspire 1 tumbling to the ground. It was like it busted through the wall and lost all communication. It took me a while to find it and it was a broken mess.
I sent it off to DJI. They quoted me about $800 to put it right. I was about to pay but I wanted to know what the hell happened as I did not feel that I had done anything wrong. After a while they said, well, give us a couple of days and we will look into the flight data. I called back a couple of days later and they said they were going to warrant the machine and they sent me a new one. I was so stoked! I don't know if this first part is relevant or not but thought I would mention it.
It came back to me a few days before I was off to do a shoot in NY. I took it out and went to fly it. I could not get past this activation stage just like Rob.
Somebody please help. I have tried all kinds of different methods to get it going. I have another shoot in one week and it is so frustrating not to mention costly if I can't fly it.

are you on the old pilot app or new go app? tried different emails? I know geo didn,t like my Hotmail address. was your device connected to the net(had to ask) ? I was told by our helpful dji rep ed that my issue might be caused by running the old app. my new ipad will be here mon so will try that. a search showed others getting this message had to update firmware but that doesn,t seem logical till I can get it hooked up to view the firmware version on the app..

I have the new app dji go version 2.8.4 .i have tried different emails. Just tried using my daughters iphone 6. did not work. yes, I was connected to the internet. At one point I put the aircraft up on chairs (since it was in the flat shipping mode) and updated the firmware and attached the camera. I read somewhere to try that. frustrated!

fwiw i was able to take it out of travel mode & install camera initially. gimbal tilt worked so rc was linked the new ipad came today & i installed the new go app. took multiple attempts on my original dji account but it did finally activate..i,m good to go now, hope you got yours sorted...

fwiw i was able to take it out of travel mode & install camera initially. gimbal tilt worked so rc was linked the new ipad came today & i installed the new go app. took multiple attempts on my original dji account but it did finally activate..i,m good to go now, hope you got yours sorted...
Really? Cool.. So you just kept going through the process until it finally worked? Good job.

Anyone still having this problem, I have been for the past 3 days now and still no success getting it activated. I have tried my iPad mini, and 2 iPhone 6 (6s Plus and 6 Plus) I have tried different email addresses (yahoo) and DJI has been NO help at all

I'm having an activation error. I've been trying and trying and nothing. I was able to update all firmware but just no luck on activation. Is there something I'm doing wrong? I've used 2 different devices, 2 different emails, deleted the app and reinstalled...NOTHiNG. I hate spending $3300 and not be able to fly my new bird.

Sent from my iPhone using InspirePilots

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jenuk