Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Added kit for Inspire 1

One of my aircraft is an Inspire 1 Pro, I would like to know if I can add a bit of new kit that I could control from the ground using the DJI controller... any ideas?
Not quite sure what you are after but the DJI controllers use their own proprietary encryption so - No.

Reactions: NickOfLeeds
Well.. you say No but are you so sure... I'm not suggesting a hack. I am asking if anyone knows if there is any unassigned 'switched outputs' on the aircraft that the RC buttons C1 or C2 may be configured to operate. The proprietary nature of the communication protocol is completely irrelevant to this question. Maybe someone that has played around with that API might know if this is possible.

Well.. you say No but are you so sure... I'm not suggesting a hack. I am asking if anyone knows if there is any unassigned 'switched outputs' on the aircraft that the RC buttons C1 or C2 may be configured to operate. The proprietary nature of the communication protocol is completely irrelevant to this question. Maybe someone that has played around with that API might know if this is possible.
That's why I asked exactly what you are after which wasn't clear from your original post.
The answer is still no. There are no 'Spare Channels' available on the Inspire RX.
If is a non standard bus unlike a conventional 2.4ghz RC link.
Don't forget that video is also sent via 2.4ghz simultaneously and this has to be accommodated into the data stream packet - it is not standard FHSS. If anything was on the ground that you wanted to control it would have to be capable of receiving a command from the RC, therefore the encryption IS important since you need something capable of making sense of the command sent to be able to produce an output!
The C1/C2 are already assignable but not to give you an o/p on a channel.
What you are talking about is precisely a 'Hack'

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoanneStoc