Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

UK Adding an extra drone to OM/PFAW

Reaction score
Just wondered whether anyone has experience adding an extra drone to their operation manual/PFAW? Is it as simple as adding a tech section for the new drone?

I'm thinking of adding a P4 to the mix for its ease of transport. And so far I think operation will be almost identical to the inspire.

Just wondered whether anyone has experience adding an extra drone to their operation manual/PFAW? Is it as simple as adding a tech section for the new drone?

I'm thinking of adding a P4 to the mix for its ease of transport. And so far I think operation will be almost identical to the inspire.
Yes.....and no.
Not only do you need to add tech section but also any applicable different checklist for that particular aircraft.
You need to Name or Number your aircraft so it is identifiable within the OM and then you can head up specific checklist items by aircraft name/number.
Also you obviously need to include additional aircraft information to your Insurers etc.

It is also worth specifying within the ops manual that only one aircraft will be airborne at any one time (assuming it is) otherwise you are increasing the risk factor both from the CAA's perspective and your Insurers.

Hope that helps.

Thanks, do i need to resubmit a copy of the OM to the CAA or EuroUSC straightaway or can this be done at the end of the year?

Thankfully, my insurer doesn't list exact aircraft, just total value of equipment.

Thanks, do i need to resubmit a copy of the OM to the CAA or EuroUSC straightaway or can this be done at the end of the year?

Thankfully, my insurer doesn't list exact aircraft, just total value of equipment.
No, you do not have to tell/submit to the CAA until your renewal. Just update your manual version number with the note about adding additional aircraft and job done. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GRQLarae44