Welcome to InspirePilots.com

Join the leading DJI Inspire community for free!

Adjusting Yaw/Tilt panning curves and speed on X5 Gimbal?

Discussion in 'Zenmuse X5' started by Forrest Dein, Oct 19, 2015.

1. Forrest Dein

Just got my new Inspire 1 Pro X5 and had an issue with very jerky start and stops on my yaw/tilt gimbal control with single operator mode. Is there a way to control the curves of the yaw/tilt for the gimbal the same way you can for the drone itself?

How do you smooth out the beginning of the pan and slow down the stop of the pan so it doesn't just jerk to a stop if you are doing a slow pan up reveal??

Thanks!

2. The Editor

The Editor Moderator
    Staff Member

Currently there is no ease in/ease out (bezier style) for the movements although it has been requested.
    For now, turn your gimbal speed down in the RC settings (I have mine around 60%) and practice feathering the start and stop of the move. It's quite easy to do with a little practice.

3. Forrest Dein

Thank you! I had read in another thread that 30% was a good speed for the gimbal wheel speed..I will try both and test them out and post results.

When you say feather the start and stop of the move are you feathering with your index finger on the little wheel on the top left corner of the RC?

It has such a short range of motion it seems like there would not be too much room for feathering..?

Thanks again for your prompt response!

4. johnmont250

there are sliders in the gimbal menu>advanced. i have played with them to get the gimbal to slowly stop even if you let go of the wheel with mixed results.

5. gruvpix

If you sort of press hard into the wheel like it is a button and anchor your finger against the remote you will have an easier time getting smooth movement with the tilt.

Forrest Dein likes this.
  6. dopeytree

30% seems pretty good. Also & it's responsive to how fast you turn the dial, so a gentle start. Would love to know to smooth out the yaw though.

On another note are you having any video feed drop outs? The other day I was in the middle of nowhere with no inference but the video kept dropping for a few seconds. Quite scary.

7. Forrest Dein

Awesome thanks for the tip! Haven't had any video feed drop outs yet..only had two flights so far will keep you posted on any future video feed issues!

8. Raymondo

Sorry, I just started a related thread. What do we do now that dji go v3.00 no longer allows toggle on the pan/tilt control dial?

9. Nigpd

Option 1 - downgrade the app firmware
    Option 2 - use on screen tapping of menu options

10. Kilrah

Option 3: Nothing, since the option is actually still there.

11. Raymondo

Apologies, you are right. It appears that the options are dynamic, depending on the function of the controller. I had updated to V3.0 on my SLAVE, just in case there were problems. The Gimbal option does not appear on the SLAVE in the choices for C1/2. However, V3.0 of the app on the MASTER works as advertised - the gimbal tilt/pan toggle is there. Have to get used to the new layout though.