Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Aerial video of Pointe du Hoc, France to honor the Allied soldiers that gave their lives during WW2

Reaction score

Exactly 72 years ago 225 Rangers attacked a German stronghold in Normandy, France by scaling 100ft cliffs with ropes and ladders. After a long battle and heavy losses they captured this crucial position and helped liberate Europe.

We went to France for three days and shot in the early morning with the best light and the least people.

This might just be coincidence but I was traveling in France the last week of March and the first few days of April. The group I was with visited Pointe du Hoc early one morning (even before the visitor center opened) so we all visited the memorial/bunker area first. As I was approaching the cratered area closest to the parking area, I noticed an Inspire 1 flying over and commented to a friend that someone was shooting there and that we were about to ruin the shot for them. Sorry if we cut your day short as I noticed that they landed shortly after that. I'm not sure if that was you that day but I wondered if I'd ever get the chance to see that footage and now you've posted this. Visiting Pointe du Hoc and the American Cemetery was a very moving thing for me. I appreciate your work on this! Very nice!

Reactions: Cloudshots
This might just be coincidence but I was traveling in France the last week of March and the first few days of April. The group I was with visited Pointe du Hoc early one morning (even before the visitor center opened) so we all visited the memorial/bunker area first. As I was approaching the cratered area closest to the parking area, I noticed an Inspire 1 flying over and commented to a friend that someone was shooting there and that we were about to ruin the shot for them. Sorry if we cut your day short as I noticed that they landed shortly after that. I'm not sure if that was you that day but I wondered if I'd ever get the chance to see that footage and now you've posted this. Visiting Pointe du Hoc and the American Cemetery was a very moving thing for me. I appreciate your work on this! Very nice!

Hey! That must have been us, what a coincidence! I don't remember someone ruining the shot haha, most of them turned out to be beautiful. We had to stop because too many people came into the area. When we were about to leave an American lady started talking to us about her cousin or son playing in a Arizona(?) High School marching band later that day at the American Cemetery. Were you perhaps traveling with that group? The whole weekend was a special experience for us as well, really moving.

We are aware of the feedback regarding the energetic guitar sounds. Our idea was to create a contrast between the Point du Hoc part and the cemetary part. Thanks everyone for your replies!

That was us alright! We were visiting from South Carolina and our Fort Mill High School Band was playing at the cemetery later that day. Thanks for the beautiful images!

Aah yeah that was the school! We went to the cemetary and saw the band play, they performed really well. Seeing a group of young people like that play in such a location was a great and unique experience to us. The way the band proudly remembered and honored the fallen soldiers is something you don't see in The Netherlands.

Aah yeah that was the school! We went to the cemetary and saw the band play, they performed really well. Seeing a group of young people like that play in such a location was a great and unique experience to us. The way the band proudly remembered and honored the fallen soldiers is something you don't see in The Netherlands.
We were honored to be there and perform... It was a wonderful experience for the students and the parents! Glad you enjoyed the performance!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EarthmovingAdelaide