Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Aeropoints

Reaction score
A few people have asked me for a review of our Aeropoints. We've had them for about a week now and I've used them on three different projects. So far so good. They are working as advertised. We had one bad unit but Propeller is on it and shipping us a replacement. The strap on the duffel bag was cheesy and came apart before I could get them from the office to the truck but Propeller tells me they are having new bags made and sent out. I fixed the problem with zip ties so no big deal there.

The workflow is simple. Show up at your site put the Aeropoint on the ground, push the button, fly, turn off the Aeropoint, connect to wifi to upload it for processing. Once all of the Aeropoints have connected and uploaded the data you log into the Propeller portal, confirm that they've received data from each of your points and submit them for processing. I had to turn one of them off and on a couple times today before it uploaded. I've received the processed data back in a couple hours for each of the three projects I've done. The timing of the processing is dependent on how frequently the local correction network published their data. Propeller does the processing within a few minutes of publishing.

In working through the problem with the one bad unit the support team has been great. During working hours they are quick to respond through their online chat on the website and have been very helpful helping me understand the coordinates systems, etc.

This afternoon I went out with our survey crew today to one of our projects that's on state plane coordinates and had them shoot the Aeropoints. Here's a screenshot of the results after letting the Aeropoints run for just over an hour. Pretty dang good if you ask me.

(Our surveyor's name is Jo)

upload_2017-1-13_20-2-13.png

Hi there, I received 10 AP's just before Christmas. Have managed to process 3 test runs in the UK with the AP data processing and the accuracy reported is within 2cm lower if left on the ground for longer. And yes the bag handles dropped off as soon as I picked them up :) the last processing for 6 AP's was completed in under 1 hour with the correction data coming through very quickly, but there was some inaccuracies, when reported to Propeller, they reviewed and adjusted the data immediately. There is sometimes a lag in replies to emails, but is expected between the UK and Australia. So far very impressed. I am in Norfolk in the UK.

Sent from my iPhone using InspirePilots

I work with a drone company and we have a few surveyors on staff. They're starting to use AeroPoints to measure stockpiles. We are having trouble with localization but it's super easy to set up and take about 5 minutes to train someone to use it. I think the price is fair and the quality is good. Looking forward to seeing it progress more. I recently wrote a news release about it:
Go Unmanned Introduces a Portable Aerial Target Solution

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ccalegalfirm