Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Aftermarket motors

Reaction score
Looking at buying a crashed Inspire 1 It needs 2 motors. Was wondering if there are any aftermarket motors out there that would male this thing scream?

Looking at buying a crashed Inspire 1 It needs 2 motors. Was wondering if there are any aftermarket motors out there that would male this thing scream?
You can use any 3510 motors you like but you will have to modify the mounting and you would need to match the KV rating to the other two. Otherwise replace all four with the same spec.
3510 is a standard size but DJI in their infinite wisdom have gone with a non standard mounting configuration.
I seem to remember somewhere I saw an adapter plate for the Inspire which changes the mounting holes at right angles but I can't remember where.

Yes I would change all 4 motors. So 3510 motors with a higher KV rating would have more power? Forgive my ignorance. I'll look for those mounts

Reactions: Bryan Conover
I am not sure if the motors on the Inspire are a retail part that can be sold or if they are a repair shop only part. If you are interested, I would be happy to see if we can get you the standard motors. If so, I would need to know if you have a V1 or a V2.

Reactions: SanCap
I am not sure if the motors on the Inspire are a retail part that can be sold or if they are a repair shop only part. If you are interested, I would be happy to see if we can get you the standard motors. If so, I would need to know if you have a V1 or a V2.

It would probably make sense to replace with the V2 motors even if he had a V1. Are there compatibility issues?

I think you have to change the ESCs and the motors together if you go from V1 to V2. There was a fair amount of conversation about this when they came out and I do not recall if that was an upgrade the service centers were even going to offer.

Reactions: SanCap
Was looking to get something a little more powerful than the 3510H motors. If not I'll just go with the stock 3510 motors. there is not that much of a difference between the 2 to warrant changing all 4 to 3510H.

You can use any 3510 motors you like but you will have to modify the mounting and you would need to match the KV rating to the other two. Otherwise replace all four with the same spec.
3510 is a standard size but DJI in their infinite wisdom have gone with a non standard mounting configuration.
I seem to remember somewhere I saw an adapter plate for the Inspire which changes the mounting holes at right angles but I can't remember where.

I have searched for relevant posts for Inspire V1 motors and this seems to be the nearest I can get to my questions. Q1. Are the 3510 E800 compatible replacement motors, Q2, are the ESC compatible or do they come paired with the motors, lastly, are the ESC interchangeable.

I have searched for relevant posts for Inspire V1 motors and this seems to be the nearest I can get to my questions. Q1. Are the 3510 E800 compatible replacement motors, Q2, are the ESC compatible or do they come paired with the motors, lastly, are the ESC interchangeable.
The D800's are fine but you will come accross mounting issues I mentioned.
If you want an easy fit the the Matrice motors will be a direct match dimension wise.
See my comments in the thread here....
Inspire v1 replacement motors
The esc's will drive the motors fine but don't mix and match makes/models since their firmware will likely be different and drive characteristics may vary. I would keep all four esc's the same or replace all four.

Hope that helps.

The D800's are fine but you will come accross mounting issues I mentioned.
If you want an easy fit the the Matrice motors will be a direct match dimension wise.
See my comments in the thread here....
Inspire v1 replacement motors
The esc's will drive the motors fine but don't mix and match makes/models since their firmware will likely be different and drive characteristics may vary. I would keep all four esc's the same or replace all four.

Hope that helps.
OK, thanks for the help, much appreciated.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lifeisart