Welcome to InspirePilots.com

Join the leading DJI Inspire community for free!

Agricultural Opportunities

Discussion in 'Agriculture' started by Karma, Sep 22, 2016.

1. Karma

Jul 18, 2016
    image.png image.png I thought I would start a thread on agricultural opportunities for drone pilots to share my experiences and hopefully the knowledge of many others. Feel free to post what drone, camera, data processor etc. that you have used.

I used my Inspire 1 along with DroneDeploy yesterday to map a rural property that my family is considering purchasing. The map helped me determine elevation changes, the size of the pond, better understand options for potential crops, etc.

I have also had a lot of interest in crop disease surveying. I am currently weighing the differences between NDVI or the XTR. Feel free to chime in if you have experience with either.
  2. Dr. Ifly Drones

Dec 27, 2015
    I've done a limited amount of ag work using just optical sensors. I think what would be best and many of the pros in this area have built, are airframes that carry both HD optical and IR imagining systems and can record in tandem. The ability to superimpose the images and just the sheer amount of data would be ideal. Big deal would be on the back end post production side of editing and interpreting the data. I know there are software systems that do some of this but, I don't know of an integrated system that does it all.