Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Air Encoder Error

A lot of issues with this new bird . Hell that last update was 4 paragraphs long . Hope you get up and running. Dji in Carson has mine for rudder issues and grinding prop noise

Still waiting on that 5 day "fix" for firmware that wasn't broken during beta test....

30e3002161d4f75dc513b91207542456.jpg

Reactions: oblivie
So.... my I2 arrived and i duly charged all the batteries, and plugged it into the DJI Assistant and upgraded the firmware and also the firmware on the radio.

Now in DJO Go 4 I get an error saying Air Encoder Error

HELPPPPPP!!!
I know exactly what you're talking about. I received my I2 with one set of batteries and purchased another set. Those two sets are totally fine. I then purchased two more sets of batteries and one of those sets came today. I put the batteries in to the aircraft and was getting the same error code. This error code does not happen with my other sets. I'm wondering if it could be an issue with the batteries. Sorry I cannot offer any more info than that as I am just experiencing this issue.

If no camera is installed you will get that error every time. It was not designed to fly without a camera, but that doesn't you mean you cannot.

Reactions: **Kyle**
Correct, there is no issue with the batteries. It was just that the camera was not attached. False alarm. As far as these other issues go, I'm not sure what is going on with everyone's I2. So far after having the I2 for only a couple months, 43 flights and almost 9 hours total flight time, I have not had one single major issue that wasn't just operator error. I only hope that everyone having issues gets them resolved!

Reactions: Viper Pilot
I too am experiencing an encoder error, "Air Encoder Error (0x400000)". My 1st Flight was fine. All set up proper, IMU calibration, Camera cal, compass.... but 5 days later, I went out to fly and this error came up. I can't even get an image out of the camera, format either card, access or adjust certain video menu settings. I emailed DJI a few moments ago. Hopefully they can help troubleshoot this rather significant issue. I hope so.

Anyone come up with a solution to this one? Trying to get my I2 working (X4s). When I first went to start it up in the house, got the error. Messed around, restarting things and got it to work. Took it out the next day, did maiden flight, no problems.

Tried to do my first job with it a few days later and getting the Encoder Error message. Messed around restarting, got it to work for a flight. Couldn't get it to work after that.

Just now, did the following trying to fix it:

Using Assistant 2
-Reset to Factory Defaults and reinstalled latest FW (w/gimbal installed). Powered up, worked. Powered down/up, same problem (Encoder Error).
-Reformatted SD card. Encoder Error
-Reset to Factory Defaults and reinstalled latest FW (without gimbal installed). Encoder Error

I also got a No SD Card Installed error at one point (yes, there was a card installed). Saw a sensor error earlier--only seen this one once.

I see others reporting this problem with the I2 as well as P4 and Mavic. But no real solutions.

Yes, the gimbal is installed.

Yes, I tried 2 different sets of batteries.

It's too late to call Multicopter Warehouse--where I bought it--they've been very helpful in the past.

Knowing DJI's history with software, I'm convinced it's a software issue. I'm hoping it's a sw issue (which can be resolved) as I dread having to send anything in and wait for it.

Anyone come up with a solution to this one? Trying to get my I2 working (X4s). When I first went to start it up in the house, got the error. Messed around, restarting things and got it to work. Took it out the next day, did maiden flight, no problems.

Tried to do my first job with it a few days later and getting the Encoder Error message. Messed around restarting, got it to work for a flight. Couldn't get it to work after that.

Just now, did the following trying to fix it:

Using Assistant 2
-Reset to Factory Defaults and reinstalled latest FW (w/gimbal installed). Powered up, worked. Powered down/up, same problem (Encoder Error).
-Reformatted SD card. Encoder Error
-Reset to Factory Defaults and reinstalled latest FW (without gimbal installed). Encoder Error

I also got a No SD Card Installed error at one point (yes, there was a card installed). Saw a sensor error earlier--only seen this one once.

I see others reporting this problem with the I2 as well as P4 and Mavic. But no real solutions.

Yes, the gimbal is installed.

Yes, I tried 2 different sets of batteries.

It's too late to call Multicopter Warehouse--where I bought it--they've been very helpful in the past.

Knowing DJI's history with software, I'm convinced it's a software issue. I'm hoping it's a sw issue (which can be resolved) as I dread having to send anything in and wait for it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jenuk