Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Air Travel with I2

Reaction score
Has anyone out there traveled with the I2 yet? About to travel with mine and looking for lessons learned / tips from taking it into an airplane.

Batteries in hand luggage? And how many max? Heard something like only one piece?

Facing the same challenge, will have to travel soon, currently, I'm building a flightcase around the I2 's own plastic box.

Anyone experience with checking in the regular case? Does it hold? Personally, I don't trust it. Seems good for storage and regular car travel, but nothing beyond that.

Reactions: stephenwalker
Exactly the same as the Inspire 1.
TSA only concerned with Wh of batteries not the aircraft.

Good to know, I've heard the same about batteries and making sure to discharge (despite TSA not understanding / checking to validate this).

Batteries in hand luggage? And how many max? Heard something like only one piece?

Facing the same challenge, will have to travel soon, currently, I'm building a flightcase around the I2 's own plastic box.

Anyone experience with checking in the regular case? Does it hold? Personally, I don't trust it. Seems good for storage and regular car travel, but nothing beyond that.
Usual restrictions as per TSA/airline so no different.
If you were only allowed one battery might as well leave the I2 at home since you need 2 to take off! :D
TB50's are 97.58Wh.
Standard case not up to airline travel

Reactions: stephenwalker

i have read in a thread on here that a peli 17- something would have it fit in with carbon props on. if you use the search on carbon props on I2 i am sure you'll find it.
as far as i know and nothing major changed batteries und a 100wh are free to go on board as many as you like discharged and taped. bird also but do check with airline before travel and get a permission in written form!!!
if dou still have to give the I2 up for under the economy class to store the peli will do excelent work to protect against the cashmier gloves of the airport luggage workers throwing everything around allthough it says "FRAGILE"!!!!!!!

many topic on here though with I1 users from back in the days :) lol

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GroverBaez