Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Aircraft Firmware Update

@turbodronepilot ; Finally managed to get the problematic I1s in the air! Turns out it was a faulty camera, brought it back to the dealer and he swapped it out with a new zenmuse and updated to the newest patched firmware that only official DJI techs have apparently.

The newest firmware update (direct from DJI website) is buggy, and according to the dealer - I'm not the only one experiencing problems with the patch. He literally had six I1s lined up for glitchy firmware. One guy managed to update successfully, only to lose control of the AC at an altitude of 60m which then decided to go full tilt into a high rise building...go figure.

@turbodronepilot ; Finally managed to get the problematic I1s in the air! Turns out it was a faulty camera, brought it back to the dealer and he swapped it out with a new zenmuse and updated to the newest patched firmware that only official DJI techs have apparently.

The newest firmware update (direct from DJI website) is buggy, and according to the dealer - I'm not the only one experiencing problems with the patch. He literally had six I1s lined up for glitchy firmware. One guy managed to update successfully, only to lose control of the AC at an altitude of 60m which then decided to go full tilt into a high rise building...go figure.

right on...easy peasy

while I haven't had flight problems with the recent firmware...It is buggy and I hope DJI releases the new firmware very soon

I have a very similar situation.
Had you been trying to flash a beta firmware?

I have had no problem flashing firmware (all formal released) until I decided to join a beta program for an app using the SDK. As part of this, I needed to enable the SDK by installing on of the beta firmware (they supplied a link to a location on the dji server.
I then had this issue with two of the betas (after a while changes from dddd- to an unending solid beep, with the log reading failed, try rebooting. Rebooting doesn't help, both without our with removing the txt file).

The aircraft was functioning perfectly well prior to this, no crashes, full battery, etc. Right now I'm assuming it is a problem with the beta and whichever version of the inspire that I have (received end of Feb/early March). Hopefully the formal release solves this.

Try turning on the remote control first. Then power up the I1. Also, confirm you have the hardware .bin file at the root directory. Worked for me. Good luck.

I just got my Inspire a week ago and tackled the firmware update last night. I had a similar issue as well. After reformatting the SD card and downloading the update again....it worked. You do have to make certain that you do extract the file to the root directory. Do not put it in the DCIM folder. Hope this helps.

Hey Turbo,

Thanks for welcome and the quick reply! I've checked the cable connector just above the gimbal attachment - everything is seated properly and the pins look to be in fine condition (brand new I1 by the way).

At the moment, the I1 is blinking yellow rapidly and has been doing so for the past 20 minutes or so. This is probably the 5th time it's done so. I've talked to DJI support, but they're not very helpful in this regard.

Could it be a faulty gimbal system?

Thanks for the help,
Hans
Did you try the gimbal on the other two drone a/ c, I had same problem and they replaced a component on the drone it took 2 months to get it back from dji.

Reactions: JRenner
Did you try the gimbal on the other two drone a/ c, I had same problem and they replaced a component on the drone it took 2 months to get it back from dji.

@iceberg ; No I didn't, just took it back to the dealer and he replaced the ZenMuse camera with a new one. Had problems communicating directly with DJI before, so I made sure on this order to go direct to an authorized DJI dealer instead of DJI itself. Saves me the hassle of the back and forth between tech support, and the long wait for a repair / replacement etc.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defenderschool