Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Airnest - Anyone seen this, thoughts?

I've been beta testing it, pretty easy to use, and does exactly what it says on the tin. Got some interesting features coming in the future as well...

I've been beta testing it, pretty easy to use, and does exactly what it says on the tin. Got some interesting features coming in the future as well...
Hi -

Thanks for info.

I will definitely give it a go (assuming it's available in UK )!

Hi -

Thanks for info.

I will definitely give it a go (assuming it's available in UK )!

I would assume so, i am in Norway and testing was no issue, so it is just down to which app stores (countries) they sell in... But would imagine the UK will be a certainty...

Have tested it here in Boston, works great! Both on the inspire and Phantom 3 Pro, and IOS devices.

I understand more features are coming.

Best regards,
Steve

It's a great little app that's easy to use. I was a beta tester here in the UK. No where near as detailed/feature rich as autopilot but it kind of doesn't need to be. It works really well, I'd recommend it.

Got mine from UK store.

Works great. Very simple. Have used it on I1 and P3P.

Highly recommended.

Very exciting to see all the new 3d party apps coming out for the Inspire and Phantom.

Tried it with my Inspire yesterday but it took forever to upload the relatively simple flight path.
It was my last battery for the day and a storm was coming so I just went back to DJI GO for the rest of the battery.
I'll try again today if the storms hold off.
How long does it take to upload the flight path?
It was my first use of the App and since the button to upload also launches the Inspire I was watching the battery go down waiting for it.
After 15% battery was lost just hovering waiting for it to upload I abandoned the attempt.
Is there a way to upload the flight path without auto-launch?
(Edit: Nevermind, uploads in seconds as long as you have the flight mode in F the whole time. Never uploads if you switch to F at the last step. I still had a problem with the Inspire camera not pointing to the POI though. More testing needed.)

Last edited:
It's a great little app that's easy to use. I was a beta tester here in the UK. No where near as detailed/feature rich as autopilot but it kind of doesn't need to be. It works really well, I'd recommend it.
Thanks I will give it a try - as you mention Autopilot I have to say - I have tried it - but I am not going to commit my flying hobby into learning a very complex and nearly not understandable Autopilot app

Reactions: AndrewH
Thanks I will give it a try - as you mention Autopilot I have to say - I have tried it - but I am not going to commit my flying hobby into learning a very complex and nearly not understandable Autopilot app
Yeah I know what you mean, the complexity of autopilot puts me off all of the time. That was one of the reasons I beta tested airnest just to try out the simplicity of it. Autopilot is hard work to figure it all out and every time I fly with autopilot I'm back to the day one nerves thinking about if I've planned it right ect or am about to just watch my bird fall out of the sky. Hehe. I know its just in my head and I just need to get a few more flights in and build up the trust with autopilot.

Hi Kevin and Andrew, the airnest app looks interesting. I have been looking at the Litchi app but I don't have an android tablet. Could either of you tell me from your experience, wether the method of drawing the autonomous flight route in airnest is comparable to the litchi app, ie maximum number of waypoints and length of route that can be set, with varying altitudes and speeds between waypoints. On the demo video of air nest they only show a very short route being drawn. Thanks.

Looking forward to giving this and the pano app a try next time i'm out.

I do like Autopilot and have had good experiences with some of it's features, but it think the UI needs some work as it's a bit confusing, particularly in the field with the I1 in the air. I've often get it set up and wondered exactly what's going to happen when i press engage.

This may sound a bit stupid - so apologies if I've missed something - but how do you get the app to work if you have no internet connection on location? How does it access the map? do you need to pre-load and cache or something? Thanks.

This may sound a bit stupid - so apologies if I've missed something - but how do you get the app to work if you have no internet connection on location? How does it access the map? do you need to pre-load and cache or something? Thanks.

I decided to reply to myself - in case it's useful to any other newbies with this app!

This from Airnest support -

You will need an internet connection to cache the map tiles. When connected open up the Airnest app and use either point or path, zoom into where you want to fly and let the tiles download, be sure to zoom in all the way and move around a bit to get all the tiles you need. Then put your device in airport mode and go back into airnest to test the cache, that is what you will need to do before going offline to use the app.

Does anybody know if the autonomous route capability in airnest is similar to the capability in litchi, ie max distance, amount of waypoints, with altitude settings. I contacted airnet but never got a reply.

Was about to purchase and then saw it doesn't currently support the X5 camera which I have so will have to wait for them to update the software

Exactly...it's chaotic in design.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alecia4669