Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Airnest - Anyone seen this, thoughts?

I decided to reply to myself - in case it's useful to any other newbies with this app!

This from Airnest support -

You will need an internet connection to cache the map tiles. When connected open up the Airnest app and use either point or path, zoom into where you want to fly and let the tiles download, be sure to zoom in all the way and move around a bit to get all the tiles you need. Then put your device in airport mode and go back into airnest to test the cache, that is what you will need to do before going offline to use the app.
I hotspot from my cell phone...works great for mapping cache.

Wow i downloaded and as I'm in a mission in Egypt where it is strictly forbidden to fly nowadays, i have not my bird with me and just now I realise I cannot use it with my X5!!!! Any idea no wen the update will be out?

Looking for a door to adventure

Exactly...it's chaotic in design.
The app is one of the most advanced pilot apps on marked at this time and yes its take some time to get used to it, but in return you get most of tthe autonomous flying you ever need, combine with manual control makes it a great app. There are still more to come in near future in this app, they have a great dev team, follow up on user request and so on
There are three diffrent skill modes from basic to advanced and it shouldn't be very difficult to fly in basic mode at beginning and progress as you feel confortable with the diffrent settings. Maybe its because its packed with diffrent settings and wariations it feels a bit overwellming, but take your time to learn it and you will love it:)

So 3 of us Inspire Pilot members (Eric, SkySav, and yours ever so truly) went to the Drone World Expo and spoke to Justin, co-Founder of Airnest. Based on our conversations this maybe a great App to have.

I have not tested it yet but will be trying it out very soon.

Also sometime next week an update will be released that will allow you to save the pattern you created for future fllights.

;)

Reactions: jon b
So 3 of us Inspire Pilot members (Eric, SkySav, and yours ever so truly) went to the Drone World Expo and spoke to Justin, co-Founder of Airnest. Based on our conversations this maybe a great App to have.

I have not tested it yet but will be trying it out very soon.

Also sometime next week an update will be released that will allow you to save the pattern you created for future fllights.

;)
I bought it. Have yet to fly with it due to weather but the app looks great. This will be my first experience turning over flight control to an app. I know, I can switch back to P (GPS) mode and regain control but still interesting to press upload and have the bird take off, hover, download the mission while hovering, then fly away on a mission. Need to see this in real life.

Does anybody using the air nest app know how long in distance the autonomous route can be set to, or what are the maximum waypoints that can be set.

Anyone know when they will update for use with the X5?

Airnest, like a lot of other App makers, are waiting for DJI to release the SDK for the X5 but once they release it expect about another 3-6 months to get to work. So don't hold your breath.

Does anybody using the air nest app know how long in distance the autonomous route can be set to, or what are the maximum waypoints that can be set.

Good question. I guess this needs to be tried.

Will airnest be iOS only? I have an iPad but was going to get a dedicated android tablet for my I1. I'm looking at autopilot and letchi... Couple of cool apps. To bad they're not all cross platform.

Does anyone know what I am doing wrong. I'm using the path option, zooming to map, drawing path, setting target. Then it offers to launch and upload flight plan. Then it just never starts...seeming stuck uploading the flight plan? This happened twice. The second time I let it run down the battery because it takes off and hovers at 3 feet..

Does anyone know what I am doing wrong. I'm using the path option, zooming to map, drawing path, setting target. Then it offers to launch and upload flight plan. Then it just never starts...seeming stuck uploading the flight plan? This happened twice. The second time I let it run down the battery because it takes off and hovers at 3 feet..
Did you switch to F mode BEFORE you started the path?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EarthmovingAdelaide