Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Airstoc moving out of stock footage business

Reaction score
Airstoc is moving out of the stock footage business. They have sent an email to all contributors yesterday informing that the stock footage services will be interrupted from March 1 2017.

If you are currently posting content on Airstoc and are looking for a way to showcase your work to customers worldwide, join the team at AES (Aerial Entertainment Studios).

Please consult the below link for more information.

Link Removed by Moderator

If you have any questions, please do reach out to me.

Cheers

Patrice Gaucher
CEO, Aerial Entertainment Studios
Hong Kong.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Patrice Gaucher,

Thanks for reporting this news.

We at Skytango monitor over 50 libraries selling drone footage. In the last few years, many aerial stock footage libraries failed, quite a good number within 1 or 2 years from launch.

It's a tough market where aerial footage libraries compete with each other and with the big players of the likes of Getty, Shutterstock etc and I believe you need real differentiation factors and you need to provide real added value to both the sides of the marketplace in order to be able to survive (I'm not saying that this was what Airstoc was missing - I believe their change is more due to an ongoing switch in their business model).

We built Skytango with the support of BBC News, who helped shape our platform so that it meets the growing compliance demands of buyers. We at Skytango offer a library to sell your footage, but we also offer content buyers a unique set of tools to evaluate the compliance of the footage you are acquiring, and that's what differentiates us from everybody else, and what adds value to both the sides, drone pilots and buyers: we put value back into the compliance of the jobs of drone operators, and compliance is what the content buyers are starting to look for. The Wild West era is gone.

We also offer to our drone operators the possibility to sell your footage and also the possibility to get hired (even in real time, when drone operators are in the field - nobody else offers this at the moment). We are both a library and a booking system, with innovative features. Drone operators can join with a free plan which allows them to sell footage, get hired and use our app to streamline their job in the field:

Check out:
Join Skytango - Unique marketplace for drone operations

Cheers,

Marco
Hi Marco,

Send me a note at [email protected]

Cheers

Patrice

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads