Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Airtravel battery question

Reaction score
I am going to be traveling with my Inspire this summer. and I got a big sturdy case to check it in, because I didn't trust the original case.

I've read that you can't check the batteries, because lithiums of that size are dangerous to check, and need to be carried one. But My question is about the controller. It also0 has a pretty big lithium ion battery in it. Can that be checked with the quad, or does that also need to be carried on?

Any advice from seasoned air travelers?

I am going to be traveling with my Inspire this summer. and I got a big sturdy case to check it in, because I didn't trust the original case.

I've read that you can't check the batteries, because lithiums of that size are dangerous to check, and need to be carried one. But My question is about the controller. It also0 has a pretty big lithium ion battery in it. Can that be checked with the quad, or does that also need to be carried on?

Any advice from seasoned air travelers?
This has been covered a Lorra lorra times before (as Cilla would have said) and if you use the search function on the forum it will bring up numerous threads on the subject.
To answer though....Either - it doesn't matter.
The Remote has a 2cell 6,000mah pack in it which is 43.2Wh. It is also a fixed internal battery which mean non removable by the user.
If you are concerned with all the hype recently regarding Lipo's and air travel then take it as carry on and inform the check in crew of the spec above.
43.2Wh is well within the permissable limit of 100Wh.

Thanks. :)

I just want to make sure I'm not giving the airlines any excuse to give me problems. Not that I don't trust them. But I really don't trust them.

Thanks. :)

I just want to make sure I'm not giving the airlines any excuse to give me problems. Not that I don't trust them. But I really don't trust them.
You should be fine.
Any number of TB47's and up to 2 TB48's (per person).
However always be mindful of the fact that if TSA/security say "No" you can argue until the cows come home but if they DO decide it's a no then ..........
You're not getting on that plane with your batteries!

I recently travelled with my I1 in its original case. I had two adjustable seatbelt webbing straps around it, and it survived 8 rounds with baggage handlers. I was pretty impressed, and thankful too!
My controllers went as checked baggage, with their internal nonremovable batteries, and I carried 2 TB48s as Carry on. I had them in their original packaging, and marked as what they were, ie miscellaneous DGs etc. I declared them at check in, and no one was particularly interested. Went through security without question. I had them at about 20% charge in case anyone checked, and I also has a letter from the professional film society I am a member of outlining compliance with IATA regs. No one wanted to see any of that. Still, I was prepared for the argument, and you never know who you're gonna come up against!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
codymorgan