Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Alarm information database

Yt2

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

As a newbie, I panic when I see a red alarm come up in the System Status area of the pilot app. As each new alarm is presented to me, I do not know what the consequences are, so I panic (do I still have control, I'm going to crash, ah it is nothing or I need to land asap). Also I wonder if DJI would consider grading the alarm colors a bit more. After doing the last firmware upgrade, I went for a flight and experienced some new alarms (2 x major issues). I also experienced 4 gimbal alarms for the first time during that flight (red alarm but in the main window, not in the system status area). All it turned out to be was that the gimbal had hit full lock. Does this need to be red, or could it be yellow?

The point being 4 repeated red warning alarms one after the other in quick succession to a newbie after a new firmware update had me thinking the bird is going to die! (Sorry for looking like a tool in the FW v1.2.1.0 bug report thread, now trying to redeem myself with this).

I now realize that we have a couple of areas for alarms, the System Status and the main window (area where landing gear movement is displayed). Due to the help of this forum I am learning lots.

Do we have, or can we make a post that contains alarm information something like this? I think it would help us newer members not fill our pants when alarms happen. Not sure how to format things like this on this forum so needing help on this. See example below. Note* a made up alarm.

upload_2015-5-10_12-37-35.png

After the flight the other day, I now see the benefit of recording the screen during a flight.

1. It helps me learn the app as I do not have to concentrate on flying and I have all the time in the world to look around the screen to see what everything is displaying.
2. I can replay the flight many times over to see how things work.
3. I can relay accurate information back to the forum on what has happened.

I am using an Android system. I downloaded screen recorder with the license (under $3) and it seems to work well for me, but maybe there are better screen recorder apps out there (let me know if there are).

Cheers…

The "gimbal calibration failed" is a bug in the app, it's not even supposed to come up at all in other circumstances than when calibrating the gimbal (i.e. you're on the ground and not flying), so color choice isn't really relevant.

Hi Guys,

As a newbie, I panic when I see a red alarm come up in the System Status area of the pilot app. As each new alarm is presented to me, I do not know what the consequences are, so I panic (do I still have control, I'm going to crash, ah it is nothing or I need to land asap). Also I wonder if DJI would consider grading the alarm colors a bit more. After doing the last firmware upgrade, I went for a flight and experienced some new alarms (2 x major issues). I also experienced 4 gimbal alarms for the first time during that flight (red alarm but in the main window, not in the system status area). All it turned out to be was that the gimbal had hit full lock. Does this need to be red, or could it be yellow?

The point being 4 repeated red warning alarms one after the other in quick succession to a newbie after a new firmware update had me thinking the bird is going to die! (Sorry for looking like a tool in the FW v1.2.1.0 bug report thread, now trying to redeem myself with this).

I now realize that we have a couple of areas for alarms, the System Status and the main window (area where landing gear movement is displayed). Due to the help of this forum I am learning lots.

Do we have, or can we make a post that contains alarm information something like this? I think it would help us newer members not fill our pants when alarms happen. Not sure how to format things like this on this forum so needing help on this. See example below. Note* a made up alarm.

View attachment 1599

After the flight the other day, I now see the benefit of recording the screen during a flight.

1. It helps me learn the app as I do not have to concentrate on flying and I have all the time in the world to look around the screen to see what everything is displaying.
2. I can replay the flight many times over to see how things work.
3. I can relay accurate information back to the forum on what has happened.

I am using an Android system. I downloaded screen recorder with the license (under $3) and it seems to work well for me, but maybe there are better screen recorder apps out there (let me know if there are).

Cheers…
Hey yt2..
Welcome to the forum!!
I'm very pleased to see you caught on and are using a screen recording device!!
Also you might want to get a GPS tracker and a Marco polo ac tracker to use in case of a flyaway or in case you run it out of battery..
Turbo...

Hi all,
The gimbal fail or what ever it was "gimbal something" was when I was in the air about 130 metres up trying to do a 360 view. I would assume it was when it hit the stops as I had panned around almost back to the start. It was very red and to get 4 of them in about 4 seconds one after the other at the highest altitude I had ever been was very concerning when you don't know what the meaning of the alarm is.
The table above in the original post is an example of what I would like to see created, and the wording is not 100% accurate (hence the screen recorder from now on).
If someone can give me the alarms, the colour of the alarm, screen location, the flight status and a brief description of what they mean, I would happily knock something up into a table of whatever for the benefit of all. I would like to keep it live so any new issues would be added.

The "gimbal calibration failed" is a bug in the app, it's not even supposed to come up at all in other circumstances than when calibrating the gimbal (i.e. you're on the ground and not flying), so color choice isn't really relevant.
When you are new to flying, you do know if this is an app fault or an firmware issue, when something shows danger you tend to panic...
Cheers...

Frankly, if I knew I was one to panic instead of understanding the situation I would NOT fly a multirotor, at least not before having spent hours and hours documenting myself and doing ground tests to see how things behave and how to react.
Panic in flight should NEVER happen. Make sure your understanding level becomes good enough for you never to panic BEFORE putting yourself in potentially dangerous situations such as flying an aircraft...

And yes I understand this thread is precisely going that way and it's great. But it will be hard to list everything, because due to lack of complete official documentation there are certainly things nobody has seen yet. The point is, IMO right now you should be sufficiently technically confident to understand how the thing works and what an alarm might be about.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbyeriGop