Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

All 3 batteries faulty after recharge - help please

NBC

Reaction score
I have had 3 batteries in store for 2 months at 50 % charge at 5 degrees. Put on charge via DJI 4 way charger. 20 mins later all three start flashing together. Now 1 is flashing on and off continuously and can do no more with it, 2nd shows message 'cell damaged' and third shows message ' overheated during discharge'. I am sure I have done everything right but now seem to have 3 knackered batteries.
Can anyone help please?
Nigel.

Hi. Yep I tried it without the 4 way charger but still the same. All three with single light flashing when charging and wont do anything else. Just wondering if they were too cold when first put on charge. Could that have damaged them so catastophically?
Cheers, Nigel.

How long are you leaving them on the charger? Is it possible they are so low that the only flashing light is just indicating their current charge level? When they are not charging and you press the button once to check their level, how many lights do you see?

None of them will charge at all. When put on charger second from top light flashes intermittantly which I believe shows battery fault. When off charge 2 have 2 lights showing and 1 has 3 lights so have charge. When attached to drone the faults come up as mentioned. Tried to reset them by disconnecting terminal under cover but no better. I saw a post by Editor which said you must bring batteries back to room temperature before recharge. Could this have caused all 3 to fail?

Quite surprised no one has come up with an answer to my battery issues.
Does anyone know if the DJI battery can be repaired in the UK.?

Batteries being cold should not be an issue. They were stored well in spec for the batteries and at the right level. Dji recommend they are at room temp for charging makes sense as it's a chemical reaction. Few questions, how many discharge cycles have they had, have you the opportunity to try another charger. What is their overall condition, press for several seconds on the power button and check the number of lights to check. Does your charger work ok with the RC. Did the batteries become very damp when stored. My question might trigger some additional thoughts.

Sent from my iPad using InspirePilots

Hi David. Thanks for your message. discharge cycles is 5. Tried another charger no joy. Lights come on but when charging go to single light flash when attempting to charge. When in drone messages are cell damaged and other is overheated during discharge which doesnt make sense.
I can only put the issue down to one of two things , damp when in storage or recharging when batteries too cold. Could be costly mistake.

If the batteries are within the DJI warranty period or you purchased them from a mail order business I would have expected them to be honoured under the distance selling or normal selling rules so you you can have a replacement or a refund including postage. All may not be lost. I would not have expected them to go faulty from what you have described.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
codymorgan