Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Alloy QR Prop Locks

I think you have these mixed up with the plastic prop locks that go over the self tightening props.

These are metal versions of the plastic hubs that come with the quick release props. Not prop locks at all but the hub that the QR props mount onto.

Yes, I was confused. I'm still interested. Would love to hear from someone using them.

Military grade alum, each one machined to tight tolerances in a
They sell Ferrari and Lambo's everyday too, but it doesn't mean that the general population can afford them. Wealthy people are not as affected by "price gouging" as much as the rest of us. I bet the 60 sets were sold to guys who have no need to care about gas prices either. (I envy them).

Now,
if you told me they were twice as good, I would believe you
if you told me they were 3 times as good, I would order a set
but valued at over 6 times as good, that's simply too much for me/average population.

are you a friend or owner?
I have no affiliation with the seller apart from purchasing a set of the prop locks, I live in Northern Scotland. My Inspire was purchased with the QR props already fitted. To be honest I've had no issues with the standard QR prop mounts, done well over 50 flights with no wear or cracks noted. I've learnt a lot from the Inspire forums however some posts regarding the realibility of the mounts (with no real substance I have to say) just puts that niggling doubt in the back of your head.
Always windy in Scotland, I have the brakes full on as I like the security as she can stop on a sixpence, saved my bacon a few times. Don't know if breaking hard occasionally puts any more stress on the locks. I'm not wealthy by any means, I didn't think it was that much to pay for the added piece of mind. I can't afford to lose my bird it is as simple as that.

Reactions: George Binns
$50 is perfectly reasonable considering the guy has put all the effort into creating them and getting them made to a high standard. If he was DJI or a big company with a lot of clout to do deals for very high volumes of manufacture then maybe they could be cheaper. As it is you guys need to consider economics and who is making them.

I have a set and they are spot on. They work very well indeed and give me piece of mind over some f the cracking that has been occurring on the plastic versions. $50 to potentially save over $3000 of machine dropping into the ground seems like a small price to pay!

Reactions: fei8820
Just out of interest are the stock ones plastic? They don't feel like plastic to me, they almost have a graphite like texture to them.

The OEM locks are carbon ceramic. Strong, yet due to their design they wear easily and are quite brittle at the bellhousing screws..... in other words, cheap rubbish..

Just out of interest are the stock ones plastic? They don't feel like plastic to me, they almost have a graphite like texture to them.

Being that grafite is very week I doubt they use that .
I really dont know what the material is maybe polycarbonet of some kind
Or ceramic

Last edited:
Playing Devils advocate here, do these super hardened, titanium, Kryptonite hubs not just transfer the wear from the cams to the props?
Additional, possibly accelerate the wear since you now have plastic in contact with metal (Kryptonite) and thus the props will not last the estimated 200 flights due to slot wear?

As Carlo said. Plus I haven't noticed any wear, and the guy who made them also addressed the issue. There isn't really any reason why the wear would be any different.

It's a pretty funny discussion because when they came up on Facebook originally a lot of people were complaining about the plastic QR locks. And then when the metal ones appeared they started questioning the wear.

QR props are here to stay. If you have to have your Inspire replaced for whatever reason it will come with the QR ones. New buyers might as well be aware of the options available to them.

If you want the ultimate there's a guy who has his Inspire with props mounted with a bolted top plate keeping them in place.

To those who are bitching about the price.
Walk into your local millwright.
Ask them for a quote to make them up.
I'd be surprised if they said less than $500.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Ward Paterson
Playing Devils advocate here, do these super hardened, titanium, Kryptonite hubs not just transfer the wear from the cams to the props?
Additional, possibly accelerate the wear since you now have plastic in contact with metal (Kryptonite) and thus the props will not last the estimated 200 flights due to slot wear?

Being devils advocate and deciding to sacrifice props. I did the 50 on off prop test with the Alloy Hubs (RimTai) and then had a look at the prop wear.. I'm afraid there was none.. On top of that I've had 20 more flights with that same prop and still no wear...

I did a service on an Inspire with 50 flights on it a week ago (and the owner had done zero maintenance) and this is what I found on all 4 hubs (excuse the finger nails - they are all gone from worrying about this **** :p). There was no wear on the props at all.. but the hubs are soft and easily damaged during installation and removal. This to me means the props will still last 200 flights with proper installation.received_10153522674304673.jpg

Reactions: sirnikolas
Being devils advocate and deciding to sacrifice props. I did the 50 on off prop test with the Alloy Hubs (RimTai) and then had a look at the prop wear.. I'm afraid there was none.. On top of that I've had 20 more flights with that same prop and still no wear...

I did a service on an Inspire with 50 flights on it a week ago (and the owner had done zero maintenance) and this is what I found on all 4 hubs (excuse the finger nails - they are all gone from worrying about this **** :p). There was no wear on the props at all.. but the hubs are soft and easily damaged during installation and removal. This to me means the props will still last 200 flights with proper installation.View attachment 2638
Thanks for that - the metal hubs seem a better option.

I will still stick with the threaded props - redundancy is a wonderful thing when it comes to aviation! :p

Reactions: sirnikolas
Carlo wrote: "Best $50.00 I spent"

Sarcasm will not help sell these overpriced prop locks [emoji14]

$12.50 each vs $2.00 each. :mad:

If they were twice as good as the OE they would cost $4.00 each
But seller claims they are more than six times as good, costing $12.50 each :eek:

I'm a buyer at (3 times as good) $6 each or $24 :)

LMK when the price is more reasonable - :)
Sit down, shutt up, and have one of these
uploadfromtaptalk1436002921926.jpg

I ordered a set of these some time ago. Never got around to putting them on until now. My Inspire came with the self locking Props. I then upgraded to the QR type and have been running them for about 75 flights. I would assume that that run on average 2-3 batteries each time I fly, so I'd guess I'd have somewhere around 30 installs/removals of the props.

I inspected all the Prop locks and they show zero wear or cracks. However, I do feel like the aluminum ones are safer.

On a side note, while inspecting the props, I did notice what I thought at first was slight cracks in the props far out away from the hubs. Upon further inspection, it's bug guts. I'm guessing the Inspire is quite the bug killer. It all cleaned off easily with some soft hand soap.

Reactions: STClassic01

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melodee207