Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Alternative for battery checking

Reaction score
Website
rtrudeauphotography.zenfolio.com
It would be nice if there was something to check our Inspire1 batteries aside from seeing the flashing lights on top of the battery or psychically putting them in the Inspire to check their percentages of charge.
There has to be something out there in this technology that can do this such as can be done with Hyperion EOS Sentry that is used on 3 cell lipos.
Camon you guys in the silicon valley, I know you guys can invent something that can do this.

It would be nice if there was something to check our Inspire1 batteries aside from seeing the flashing lights on top of the battery or psychically putting them in the Inspire to check their percentages of charge.
I'm confused. What's inconvenient about clicking a button on the battery to get an estimated charge level? What would you want to add (that wouldn't drain battery just by using)?

Last edited:
There has to be something out there in this technology that can do this such as can be done with Hyperion EOS Sentry that is used on 3 cell lipos.
Camon you guys in the silicon valley, I know you guys can invent something that can do this.
As above - little bit confused by your post.
A short press of the batteries button will light up the LED's to give an approximate state of charge, then placing them in the Inspire gives a more comprehensive condition read out.
Even if all four LED's light up you should charge you pack before departing to go fly since it could have gone into self discharge and you really always want to start with a full pack anyway.

It would be nice if there was something to check our Inspire1 batteries aside from seeing the flashing lights on top of the battery
Not sure what you want. That's precisely what the LEDs are for.

All I was asking it would be a good way if there could be another way to check the batteries other than LED lights or physically putting them in the Inspire..Do you trust the lights? At what charge is the battery when 3 LEDs are lit..Wouldn't it be easy to attach a meter reader to check them to see the exact charge in each cell?.......
Gezzzz I was not asking for an argument. ...Just making a observation and suggestion.

Jolla..and previous posters of this thread...

Did you not know what I meant by putting the battery in the Inspire..Yes naturally you would use the DJI GO app to see the battery condition when you physically put the battery in the Inspire. Please read the initial post...
You want to trust lights?..Great!..You want to check the actual charge per cell necessitating putting the battery in the Inspire and using the DJI Go app?.. Great..
I would prefer some kind of meter to read each cell/total battery condition quickly with some kind of meter and not having to trust lights, (which do not tell you each % of cell charge or actual total % of battery) or having to take my Inspire1 out of the case and putting the battery in and reading the battery screen when I wanted to know the condition of any battery....
Just was a thought/suggestion.
No more needs to be said.........................Thanks

Last edited:
if you arent going to put the battery in your inspire and fly it then why do you care for a more accurate reading than the lights on top in the first place? Due to the self discharge feature and the fact you shouldnt store it fully charged which means you need to charge it before you fly anyway it really doesnt matter what condition its in until you charge it and insert it in your inspire, then you have all the info about battery condition via the app you could possibly want.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leightonfineart