Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Alternative screen holders

Reaction score
Hi all

I'm hoping someone can guide me towards a tablet holder for the Inspire that will hold an iPad Air 2 in an otterbox case.

The Air 2 fits nicely...but the Otterbox bumps up hieght width and depth substantially. There's a "clip-on" mode fopr the original Inspire clamp on Amazon, but I'm concerned that it may "pop out" from the bottom part of the clamp as that is not similarly modified to account for the extra width.

Seriously considering the Secraft TX trays...but not sure the Otterbox will fit...anyone advise? Thanks!

Hi all

I'm hoping someone can guide me towards a tablet holder for the Inspire that will hold an iPad Air 2 in an otterbox case.

The Air 2 fits nicely...but the Otterbox bumps up hieght width and depth substantially. There's a "clip-on" mode fopr the original Inspire clamp on Amazon, but I'm concerned that it may "pop out" from the bottom part of the clamp as that is not similarly modified to account for the extra width.

Seriously considering the Secraft TX trays...but not sure the Otterbox will fit...anyone advise? Thanks!
Just choose the appropriate size Secraft grip to accommodate the iPad dimensions with the Otterbox.
They do one right up to the iPad pro so sure between that and the XL they will open wide enough.
Simples.

Thanks for the advice - wasn't sure the bracket would fit on its own as the metal handle on the DJI Inspire remote doesn't protrude as far as on other TX's. Can you recommend a good UK supplier for Secraft products?

Thanks for the advice - wasn't sure the bracket would fit on its own as the metal handle on the DJI Inspire remote doesn't protrude as far as on other TX's. Can you recommend a good UK supplier for Secraft products?
They do a Inspire TX Tray specifically made for the I1 remote
You will need to get the Inspire TX Tray
Welcome to SECRAFT
Then you will need to choose which grip you need.
Measure the width of your iPad with the Letterbox on then select by looking at the opening ranges of the different grips available.
This one will accommodate tablets from 134mm - 187mm
Welcome to SECRAFT
(Although you may need the larger one if you have the Otterbox on)
The cross bar comes with the grip and bolts into the TX tray.
All of Secrafts stuff is extremely well made.
Here's one of my set ups....
View media item 459
In the UK you can go to Secraft RC Parts and Accessories but to be honest every single time I have spoken to them they are clueless as to the product line and not sure what to order in (even if you give them the bloody part number!!)
In the end I just ordered direct from Secraft in Korea and it was all easy with tracking info and good communication etc.

Ah, so I need both tray and ipad holder...that's kind of the route I was thinking of going down; from your first reply I thought you meant I could just get the ipad holder to bolt straight on...

Your hood is a little...extreme...but I am thinking of getting something to shield the screen; the ipad air 2 is very responsive, but seems to suffer far more from glare than the old Samsung TabPro I was previously using.

Edit; also, seeing what you mean about Secraft UK; I'd already been there and the link for the INspire tray that says "check price and availability" opens a site...that doesn't have any info on said item!

Ah, so I need both tray and ipad holder...that's kind of the route I was thinking of going down; from your first reply I thought you meant I could just get the ipad holder to bolt straight on...

Your hood is a little...extreme...but I am thinking of getting something to shield the screen; the ipad air 2 is very responsive, but seems to suffer far more from glare than the old Samsung TabPro I was previously using.

Edit; also, seeing what you mean about Secraft UK; I'd already been there and the link for the INspire tray that says "check price and availability" opens a site...that doesn't have any info on said item!
The Hoodman screen shield is second to none. There is absolutely nothing on the market that shields the iPad as well (and I've tried them all including the 70degree angle PadHat).
Not cheap, but again extremely well made and excellent at what it does.

The other thing you should consider is the double strap shoulder harness for the Secraft set up - very comfortable and enables you to completely take your hands off the rig for a rest if you get fatigued (nothing like the toy DJI harness you get with the Inspire which is like a Christmas Cracker novelty)

Yes...just having a laugh at SEcraft UK's ineptitude as well...links to three UK stockists in my area, only one of which actually stocks anything by Secraft.

So gone to Korean site but dear lord those prices...$274 total for tray, holder and strap - the holder is almost twice as expensive as the tray!

Not exactly moneybags here so I may have to end up getting a little Heath Robinson...

I must share some of the guilt for the eywatering price...I did vote for Brexit after all.... :)

The Otterbox sans support tray is 181mm...not sure whether to go with the large or extra large...I think large will do - there's considerably less than 6mm clearance on the standard Inspire holder and an iPad Air 2, but it works okay...

Thanks again for advice...confirmed the way I was thinking of going...just need to scrape together some funds.

The Otterbox sans support tray is 181mm...not sure whether to go with the large or extra large...I think large will do - there's considerably less than 6mm clearance on the standard Inspire holder and an iPad Air 2, but it works okay...

Thanks again for advice...confirmed the way I was thinking of going...just need to scrape together some funds.
I never said they were cheap, however one thing I can guarantee - you will not be disappointed with the build quality or how well they just......work. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Charlesssouth