Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Always take off with 100% battery?

Reaction score
Recommendation and talk seems to say always take off with 100% battery charge.Just wondering what would be your normal procedure in a case like this: You have 3 houses to photograph: You took off with a fresh battery at 100%. For the first house your battery went down to 68%. At the next house do you swap that battery out and start with a new 100% charge, or do you take off at 68% with the original battery?
I assume if you went below 50% you would automatically NOT take off with a battery that low. But what about other % ?

Reactions: RDTech
If my aircraft battery gets switched off at the end of a flight...as does, I will not fly on that battery again until fully cooled and charged again no matter what % charge is left. Minimal risk is my policy. I have never had battery issues. I have 6 batteries and can charge from an auxiliary leisure battery and inverter while out. Effectively all day availability. For commercial work I would recommend investing in enough batteries, manage their storage charge and cycle them in turn...minimum risk all the way to maintain your operational readiness.

PFAW Holder
BNUC-S Qualified

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EarthmovingAdelaide