Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Android beta and flying v1.7 FW without issue

Reaction score
Looking for someone has had success with the Inspire 1 public Android beta and been flying v1.7 FW without issue that can tell me what I should be seeing after the update.

I have downloaded and installed the beta app and run the firmware update and I see no difference in the app, no option to unlock the no fly zone that I can find.

Versions reported by the app after update:
App: 2.6.0
Remote: 1.5.70
Camera: 1.5.00.30
Aircraft: 1.6.00.40+

Would appreciate an assist, thank you,

David Cushman
Base Multimedia Manager
Travis AFB, CA

There is no, I mean no way we would be able to fly here at PAFB, Fl. We have two P3s that the higher up's bought and come to find out...nope, you can't fly them here..... Doah! (Didn't check that one huh!)

There still sitting in the cases as a nice paperweight!

If you do find a workaround let me know. I'm in the global under P.M.Marks

Last edited:
There is no, I mean no way we would be able to fly here at PAFB, Fl. We have two P3s that the higher up's bought and come to find out...nope, you can't fly them here..... Doah! (Didn't check that one huh!)

Under v1.7 GeoFence flying at Patrick AFB will not be an issue - I will say no more

Before we bought I did the research, there was no mention of the Geo Fencing in any of their advertisements. Live and learn, if I get it working I'll let you know.

David Cushman
Base Multimedia Manager
Travis AFB, CA

Last edited:
Under v1.7 GeoFence flying at Patrick AFB will not be an issue - I will say no more

Thanks, that's real helpful!

Since this is the Android public beta that I am asking about what is the issue with discussing it? I could understand if it were the iOS beta that I was asking about, since that has not been made available to the general public.

David Cushman
Base Multimedia Manager
Travis AFB, CA

Thanks, that's real helpful!

Since this is the Android public beta that I am asking about what is the issue with discussing it? I could understand if it were the iOS beta that I was asking about, since that has not been made available to the general public.

David Cushman
Base Multimedia Manager
Travis AFB, CA
No problem whatsoever discussing it on the forum. :)
It's just that these public beta's usually cause more problems than they solve (case in point with your non loading of v1.7 on your aircraft - no offence intended).
You MUST have v1.7 loaded on your Inspire for the beta to work. Please bear in mind the current version may well not be the final release when DJI finally go live with GeoFence.
The next round of closed beta testing has just got underway and the iOS app is with Apple currently.
The moderators on here try and assist as much as possible but it does take up a lot of our spare time and to try and answer questions on beta firmware/features/problems which may or may not make it to public final would take even more time. :(
There are a few of us on here who are beta testers for DJI but are obviously under NDA. The public (Android) beta is free for anyone to download but I'm sorry I am unable to help at this moment in time.
Of course everyone is free to discuss and help if they want to. :)

No problem whatsoever discussing it on the forum. :)
It's just that these public beta's usually cause more problems than they solve (case in point with your non loading of v1.7 on your aircraft - no offence intended).
You MUST have v1.7 loaded on your Inspire for the beta to work. Please bear in mind the current version may well not be the final release when DJI finally go live with GeoFence.
The next round of closed beta testing has just got underway and the iOS app is with Apple currently.
The moderators on here try and assist as much as possible but it does take up a lot of our spare time and to try and answer questions on beta firmware/features/problems which may or may not make it to public final would take even more time. :(
There are a few of us on here who are beta testers for DJI but are obviously under NDA. The public (Android) beta is free for anyone to download but I'm sorry I am unable to help at this moment in time.
Of course everyone is free to discuss and help if they want to. :)

Understand about the spare time thing, I am trying to work this issue in addition to all my regular duties. I do appreciate your taking the time to try and help out via this forum.

David Cushman
Base Multimedia Manager
Travis AFB, CA

Reactions: The Editor

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anastasiyakavitko6